Extract from Webcke's book

I dont believe it was a publicity stunt...its Shane Webcke hes above that crap!
I think the book would have sold well anyway the others did...and I would have definatly bought it as i did the previous two!

Coxy said:
Barry Dick says it wasn't a stunt.
Barry Dick never lies.
Barry Dick is a legend.

LOLZ

Yeah, I saw your post on his blog.

Like how he got instantly defensive when I said "Intentional or not, it's good publicity"? His immediate response was "It wasn't intentional".

Dick doth protest too much.

Coxy said:
Beads6 said:
Go out on the street and ask 50 young blokes aged between 19- 24 if they have had threesomes or foursomes before I think you will be surprised.

Then ask them if it was with 2 of their male mates, some random scrag and in the toilet of a nightclub....

I think the vast majority would go "**** that's sick!" and not in a Fat Pizza "that's cool" kinda way.

see thats the thought i had...i mean they Broncos always say they love their family, but just how close do they get!

I'm glad the Book is coming out. i have every intention of getting it. not because of one chapter though. Did everyone really look at the Broncos and think they were innocent? i dont think so. I think it's great the Webke is standing up and saying its not right.

I agree with every word Webcke said and I admire him for saying it, but a friend of mine (and massive Broncos supporter) brought up a good point during the week.

If you look at the Broncos club as a business, would you want one of the senior staff members being openly critical about the culture and managerial decisions made?

If this wasn't a football club, it would be seen as an extremely unprofessional act.

no....it takes one person to stand up and say i dont think this is right. it might be unprofessional but atleast there is a change for the situation to be observed or changed. If Webke said nothing, would it help anyone in the long term?

Hey I think whistle-blowers are a good thing. But strictly from a "professional" point of view, you'd want it to be handled internally without the need of it becoming public knowledge.

For all I know it has been up time and time again with the powers that be in the club, and nothing has been done.

Again, I applaud Webcke for what he's done. It's just not common for it to come from someone still working for the organisation and still be working with the very people he has spoken out against.

oh it happens..just depends on who does the whistle blowing. but he did have permission from the players to write what he did. atleast i think i recall that from an interview.

And to be fair guppy, he wasn't actually working for the club at the time he wrote the book.

Though I do take your point that it isn't really accepted business practice for a member of staff to be openly critical of the company in public, but as long as it brings some kind of positive change, as especially as Webbie had already spoken directly to the club about it, I don't mind. Then again, I actually think he was more critical of the police than the club - basically saying the police told the club not to take any action - even though they wanted to.

The reality is Joey Johns was busted and admitted he had been a long time user of drugs.
The three Broncos were involved in the toilet action.
Shane didn't make it up, he just commented.
The reality is that if Joey didn't do his thing and the toilet boys didn't do their thing, Shane wouldn't have commented.

This super sensitive world we live in has created this debate about whether he should have commented or whether the whole thing was a stunt.
In reality, it is ok for Shane to comment because he is entitled to an opinion.

As I have said in the past, " Offence is never given, it is taken."

Its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission

Browny said:
Its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission

My boss's favourite saying. He said it to me on my first day.

I've said sorry every day since :P

Is it better to forgive or forget?
I don't remember.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Brotherdu
  • Alec
  • Maroon4life
  • IceWorks
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • westy316
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • TimWhatley
  • Fatboy
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.