Famous songs in famous movies

Tom

State of Origin Rep
You know, every time you hear a well-known song and immediately associate it with a well known movie it has been in. I'm not talking about theme songs or songs written specifically for the movie, famous songs that were then used in a movie. Post your favourites.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Can you guys post the scenes of the movie it's in? If not it's cool
Sorry man, I didn’t read the OP properly. My fucked up man-flu is preventing any sort of comprehension, effort or care factor. Oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane

We're starting big. The rape scene is far more shocking and memorable, but this scene sticks out just for how messed up it is and Patrick Magee's facials.

Sticking with the same theme, maybe one of the most iconic movie scenes of the 90s. I've heard Tarantino describe it beautifully, that the audience is complicit because Madsen is giving this fun performance to a cute pop song and then things go dark.

The scene that brought Queen into my life.

Sticking with Queen, one of the more memorable scenes from one of the best comedies of the 00s. A wonderful showcase for Wright being able to put a scene together and a precursor to what we'd see in Baby Driver.

I also love the finale set to You're My Best Friend.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane

Didn't know what to make of this movie, then this scene hits and I can't stop laughing. Amazing build-up and such a cathartic scene.

The Beach Boys and Tom Cruise just go together. Never really saw the song going with a Psych Thriller but it works well here.

I heard there was a me too movement against Squints? Loved this movie, we probably kept the local Civic in business on renting this bad boy alone every other week. A-tier soundtrack, the Tequila scene is great too, but some of you maybe having dinner so I'll spare you the gruesome details.

EDIT: Damn, YouTube botched this. So in this version you have the narration that sells it, but it also cuts out her initial reaction and the 'he's in deep shit' which is delivered masterfully.

But the ultimate and one of the most obvious...

Easily my favourite guilty pleasure movie of all-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane

You get a 3-1 with Sister Christian playing earlier in the scene. However anytime I hear Jessie's Girl I'm always reminded me of Marky Mark's vacant stare.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
**** this is a sick idea for a thread, Tom Tom!

Get some bangers up in here:

The soundtrack to Hackers is just fucking all-time.
- Merged

Bonus Hackers:

Last edited:

Renegade

NRL Captain
Layla and Goodfellas was the first one that came to mind, which was posted in OP.

Lux Aeterna is pretty sweet as well.

sticking with the gangsters theme

non gangster

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter