Favourite Gaming Moments

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I've noticed there's quite a number gamers on here so I thought I'd throw the question out there. What are your favourite gaming moments? I'm not talking about moments like "This one time, playing gameX, me and my squad.....". I'm talking about those moments that stick out in your brain, burned into your memory forever. It's pretty bloody difficult tbh. In no particular order.....

First time you see a zombie in Resident Evil 1 - If you played it, you know exactly what I'm talking about and I can still see that slow turning of the head all these years later.

When you first emerge from the forest onto the Hyrule Plains in the Ocarina of Time - Just epic

The first time I played online and got called a noob - The game was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and I'd gotten it free on a demo disc with some PC mag ages before....but until that point I'd never been able to play it due to being on dial up.

Basically everything when it comes to Bioshock.

At the ripe old age of 9 playing Leisure Suit Larry with my friend.

I could honestly do a list comprising of hundreds. What have you guys got?

Tom

State of Origin Rep
bonus round streetfighter. Smashing the car up. It was so easy as E Honda or chun Li.
Fatalities in Mortal Kombat
Becoming the beast in altered beast.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Playing Civilization 1 for the first time.

Playing Fallout 3 for the first time... and wondering what the fucking hype was... and then I got it.

Last edited:

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
Westwood studios and finding C&C. It will never be the same.
Yep the Original C and C was the shit. Soo many missions that were near impossible until you worked out the tactics. Which didn’t include a tank rush

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The first jump scare in FEAR. FMD I emptied half a mag into her
I was like 12 years old or something back then, straight after that scene, alt + f4, programs & features, uninstalled to never play it again. Nope.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I was like 12 years old or something back then, straight after that scene, alt + f4, programs & features, uninstalled to never play it again. Nope.
After about the 3rd or 4th time it happens you get used to it haha. You've deprived yourself of the last half hour or so of that game which is utterly brilliant.

Half Life and Half Life 2 tbh. The train ride at the start of both is excellent

Alec

International Rep
Ocarina of Time, getting to the Hyrule Field for the first time and seeing the day/night cycle. That was the first time I've seen that in a game, blew my little mind.

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
Loading up Half Life Day One demo on my Pentium 2 266mhz with the brand new 16mb Voodoo Banshee card I had just installed, couldn't believe gaming could be so good and look so great.

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
I had a S3 Virge 3D PCI video card before the banshee, that card had a reputation for being a 3D Decelerator(and that was if it worked in 3d, I had to flash update the cards bios just to get it to work). Slideshow heaven!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter