Favourite Gaming Moments

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    In my last army unit we had N64 and the only games allowed were Mario Kart and Goldeneye.

Had a few dust ups courtesy of the ducking blue shell

Harry Sack likes this.
  2. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

LOVED 2 player International Soccer!

3. Morkel

Morkel

Spent many many years on the original Mario Kart, we all got so good that instead of each trying to win, we had to pick a computer-controlled player and make them win. A whole new level of tactics but **** it was fun.

Edit:

One epic moment stands out for me. I was mates with these twins (dudes, sorry for getting your hopes up everyone), and one was really cruisy and the other was a real try-hard. I clashed with that one a lot. So at the end of one school holiday, we were all sleep-deprived, cranky as ****, and decided on a bragging-rights-forever game of Mario Kart just to get it out of our system. It was down to the last race, and I was down a few points - the only way I could win the tournament was if I came first and he came last. Tough ask, but there was a trick on that last race. There was an overpass right before the finish line that, if you didn't hit the jump fast enough, you'd not make it over and fall back to near the start of the lap. Last lap, he was first, I was second, and I had a red shell. Had to time it so I hit him just at the right time - too early and he'd be able to pick up speed again and make the jump, too late and the push from getting smashed by the shell would push him successfully over the jump. Remember he didn't need to win, just not come last. So I timed it to perfection, hit him about 20 virtual metres from the jump so he spun out and just trickled uncontrolled over the start of the jump, and fell back to the start of the lap. I crossed the finish line and just dropped the controller and walked out. He was there with his brother wondering what the **** just happened, and as it dawned on him that I'd just won the **** tournament all I could hear was yelling and the sound of him throwing shit around the room. His brother was laughing his arse off. THAT - was an epic memory.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    soup likes this.
  4. Foordy

Foordy

mine is when the original NES came out ... me and my brother got it for xmas that year.

spent many hours playing super mario bros

5. Browny

Drunk
    That moment when you realise Abe’s Odyssey was a bit deeper then you first realised

soup likes this.
  6. Cousin took his Xbox to night shifts. They had a Telstra regular line so they could game at night. Until the new guy forgot to lock everything up and a guy with power just rocked in and caught the silly ****.

7. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

We got it in 91, I was 5 years old.

Mario, duck hunt, battle toads and the wretchedly difficult tmnt. Good times.

soup likes this.
  8. Browny

Drunk
    I may or may not have done something similar with an epic CoD session at work

9. ....with your mates all standing around snickering while you did it. Excellent

10. That's more a gaming story, but I'll allow it.

**** Battletoads. I remember getting it and just thinking I was terrible at it. Years later I find out, via youtube, it is constantly rated as one of the hardest games of all time.

11. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

I owned battletoads, tmnt, bayou Billy and solstice. All of which are regularly feature on those excruciatingly difficult lists. **** my childhood (tho they were fun).

The battle of olympus wasn't a picnic either.

12. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

[​IMG]

13. Duuuude. I forgot I'd even touched one of these beasts! We used to have one in primary school with a single game.

[​IMG]

Tom likes this.
  14. Rally Towel

Rally Towel NRL Player

No way?! Shuffle Puck Cafe?

If memory serves, the beefy guy far right was the boss Biff Raunch?

Tom and Nashy like this.
  15. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

I couldn't beat him without changing the size of your bat.You could do that.

16. Rally Towel

Rally Towel NRL Player

Wario Stadium? I once nailed someone on that jump with a green shell, just late enough to tumble him over the edge on the last lap. Dude just turned off the console and walked out without a word, haha.

17. Morkel

Morkel

Nah the original Mario Kart was on the SNES before Wario even existed. It was like the **** Mushroom Cup but can’t remember the track names.

18. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

[​IMG]

19. Alec

Alec International Rep

DId Super Mario Kart have catch up AI? I remember how insane it was in 64, like they could be a whole lap away, but they'll always be somewhere not too far behind you with half a lap to go.

20. Morkel

Morkel

That’s the one!!!

Renegade likes this.