Favourite Gaming Moments

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Harry Sack, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Morkel

Morkel

Yeah it did. You’d be flogging along at record pace and you glance at the map and the AI players would all of a sudden start going twice as fast as would be possible to catch up,

2. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Playing SkiFree and **** shitting it every time that **** monster came out of nowhere to eat you, the ****.

[​IMG]

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay QCup Player

The top 4 had catch up AI turned up until they reached their natural position amongst the other CPU drivers, but once they reached that they wouldn't make ground on you unless you messed up. Their natural positions would reset based on the results of the first track though. I raced as Toad and the natural order for the AI was Peach, Donkey, Mario, Yoshi and then the 6-8 would alternate between Bowser, Koopa and Luigi. If I spun Peach out on lap one she'd be back in second place before lap 2 ended. But if I spun her out on lap 3 of the first track just before the finish line she'd resign herself to her fate and I'd get to deal with banana peels instead of shrinking mushrooms for the rest of the cup.

4. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

Running into Stormwind for the first time in World of Warcraft is one, but probably the one that springs to mind is Resident Evil 1 when the dogs jump through the window. Scared the crap out of me!

gordjw, Harry Sack, Tom and 1 other person like this.
  5. Commander Keen on the old Commodore 64.

My very first PC game that I ever played and introduced me to gaming.

soup likes this.
  6. ningnangnong

This is a great thread @Harry Sack@Harry Sack. You done good, kid.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. Awww, shucks. Thanks

ningnangnong likes this.
  8. Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos QCup Player

NZ
    - Getting a Sega Master System II and clocking Alex The Kidd which was built in. Sun Water Moon Star Sun Moon Water Fish Star Fish - still remember it off by heart :lol::lol:

9. Some of my favourite gaming moments were the endless amount of hours I've put into the Splinter Cell series.

Ever since I started playing the first Splinter Cell on PS2, I've absolutely loved it and if you were to ask me what my favourite games are, the Splinter Cell series would always be at the top. Mainly Chaos Theory.

When I heard Ubisoft were going to bring out another Splinter Cell in 2018, I was like a fat kid in a candy store. Unfortunately, it never happened and I don't think it's going to happen.

It's a real shame. It was like this after Double Agent, as well. Plans for a new game which was Conviction, then it went on the back burner for years until they finally released it.

MrTickyM likes this.
  10. Great game. Later series of the MSII came out with Sonic built in, and it just wasn't the same.

11. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

stone\scissors,scissors\paper,stone\scissors,paper\paper............

Ironbroncos likes this.
  12. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Anyone play this gem? One of my all time favourites.

[​IMG]

13. Morkel

Morkel

Jill of the Jungle. She was sexy as and wore this sweet green leotard. I think so, anyway, she was about 12 pixels tall.

ningnangnong likes this.
  14. What stuck out for you though? Like, what was that first thing that made you just go "Holy Shit" when it comes to Splinter Cell?

Another one came to mind, the first time I played Tenchu: Stealth Assassin. I'd never played anything like it....I'm in the middle of some dudes castle, guards everywhere, hiding in a **** bush and they couldn't see me!!! Guard just walked straight past me, I fucked him up and went back to my bush until the next guy came along and I fucked him up too. Blew my mind that game. Being a massive Ninja Scroll fan definitely helped.

15. YES! **** excellent game. Interstate 82 too!

16. That's one Harry Sack!!! Amirite guys!!!

Morkel likes this.
  17. ningnangnong

Many hours spent on this.

MS-DOS yeeeeewww.

18. Morkel

Morkel

Straddle that vine, Jill. Take your time.

[​IMG]

19. The biggest thing for me was just how different it was to the usual standard of games that were out at the time. It was truly a stealth game and there were very very few games out like it and none of them were quite as good as Splinter Cell.

This wasn't your average run around shoot em up type game. You had to observe your enemy and plan before you kill as with most missions setting off an alarm would result in the mission being aborted. You had to watch the paths they took when patrolling an area and plan your kills to avoid yourself or their bodies being spotted. And I liked how you could camouflage into your surroundings to avoid being spotted. They could be standing right in front of you but if you're camouflaged good enough they wouldn't be able to see you.

One of my favourite things to do was to hide in a bush, and then whistle and then run to another spot and do it over and over again while listening to them freaking out trying to figure out what the noise was. In all of the games if there were pipes in the ceiling you could climb up them and just wait for them to walk directly beneath you before jumping and killing them with your blade. Or climb up the side of a building and wait for them to walk by the window and then grab them and throw them out.

In Chaos Theory, you could rappel down upside down and stab them in the throat to kill them. It was awesome.

I very very rarely used my silenced guns in the game. I would just go around taking them all out with my knife.

It was an excellent series and I really hope they bring it back. It's been 5 years since the last title and there still is a market for a game like it.

Big Pete and Harry Sack like this.
  20. MrTickyM

MrTickyM QCup Player

I’m with you 100% on this. The splinter cell series goes down as one of my favourites. Then they went and ruined it with the last game which was basically a 3rd person shooter. I was tricked out of my money!