NEWS Fearsome Fifita run sets up Golden Broncos victory

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Fergo scores try of the year?

David Fifita run sets up Jamayne Isaako golden point shot for crucial Broncos win

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
10 minutes ago

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks like the big kid in u/15s that just shakes players off.

He looks like the big kid in u/15s that just shakes players off.

He just does it so seemingly effortlessly as well. You know what, I'm not sure many if any will agree with me but he reminds me a LOT of Inglis. He is an absolute gun backrower but I reckon he could be an equally devastating centre. He will take second row play to a new level regardless.

I can’t see him being ‘worked out’ next season either. There’s just so much brutal strength and awareness to his game. It’s not like he specifically relies on technique which can be thwarted. Deadset, he’s a ‘Roos certainty for as long as he wants the jersey.
Yeah there's really nothing you can work out for powerful forwards. If they can palm your face and send you flying the opposite direction, there's no amount of homework that's going to stop their face being pushed in the following week. They're both just freaks, if they remain healthy and professionals on and off the field, the sky is the limit.

It is scary to think what he could be when he develops a combination with a half. Or when he gets the ball passed out in front of him, so he is not having to run from a standing start (that goes for our whole team actually).

He just does it so seemingly effortlessly as well. You know what, I'm not sure many if any will agree with me but he reminds me a LOT of Inglis. He is an absolute gun backrower but I reckon he could be an equally devastating centre. He will take second row play to a new level regardless.

Yeah I see it. He’s got brutal strength and power, particularly for his age, but the key is that he’s just an incredible runner, just like Inglis.

Yeah I see it. He’s got brutal strength and power, particularly for his age, but the key is that he’s just an incredible runner, just like Inglis.

Yep the balance, the acceleration and flexibility for such a big man, it’s phenomenal.

Can’t wait for some actual structure to our attack. He’ll either just barrel through like he does now or make defences over-commit out of fear giving easy holes or overlaps for the backs

He is like a Bigger, Stronger and Younger Latrell Mitchell, that doesn't lose his mind.

Last edited:
He actually reminds me of Tedesco for some reason. Has amazing leg drive, great footwork and he is always testing out the defensive line, looking for gaps or weaknesses.

Fifita is a legitimate game winner and we are incredibly fortunate to have him.

Fifita could use a little more awareness, though.

He had O'Sullivan on his right calling for the ball with no one in front of him. In saying that, I don't think Fifita made the wrong decision to hold onto the ball.

Fifita could use a little more awareness, though.

He had O'Sullivan on his right calling for the ball with no one in front of him. In saying that, I don't think Fifita made the wrong decision to hold onto the ball.

I think he did the right thing. If this was McCullough or Ofa or someone else, I'd say they should have passed. But I think somehow we all knew that Fifita would score in that situation.

I saw that too when I watched it again. There is nobody in front of sos but he is marked by a bloke tracking him, he wouldn't have scored.

Exactly this, it would have probably been one of those tackles that causes a dropped ball.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.