NEWS Final piece of Broncos puzzle

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
TL;DR: I AM THE DANGER!

Broncos captain Darius Boyd says the final piece of the puzzle at Red Hill is the spine combination

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
an hour ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Dariu$$$ ought to spend every day all day watching footage of the best 5/8's play. Even then I doubt he could get to that level which requires innate positional skill he just doesn't have. Boyd may be, or may have been a classy FB or winger years ago, but 5/8 is a totally different ball game, literally and metaphorically.

Also, as posted above, Seibold saying "Any time you (score 20 points), that’s enough to win a game of NRL" is a bit disingenuous. Against who? Against Souths, yeah, they are a reasonable side with a few classy players. However, I just can't see us scoring 20 points against the Roosters, Storm Manly or Raiders the way they are playing now. Those 4 teams are on a totally different level to the Souths we played. Their D is in a different league as is their attack.

Because of our shitty spine - ineffective 6 and 9, our game plan is forced to be based on opportunistic offloading by our classy forwards rather than well rehearsed structured shapes such as those used by those top 4 teams.

The sooner Dariu$$$ retires the better so we can begin to harness the brilliance in forwards and outside backs.

Last edited:
Broncos captain Darius Boyd says the final piece of the puzzle at Red Hill is the spine combination - No shit Sherlock! At least you have recognised the spine is the problem, you just need to dig a little further to identify which parts of the spine are the biggest problem and then you'll be as enlightened as the rest of us. Wake up ffs and stop feeding us this shit. The 'year by year' bit had me in two minds whether to give up now.

I think even some of the red v supporters would be envious of our level of dislike for Boyd.

Broncos captain Darius Boyd says the final piece of the puzzle at Red Hill is the spine combination - No shit Sherlock! At least you have recognised the spine is the problem, you just need to dig a little further to identify which parts of the spine are the biggest problem and then you'll be as enlightened as the rest of us. Wake up ffs and stop feeding us this shit. The 'year by year' bit had me in two minds whether to give up now.
It was the journo asking the question and boyd was just replying. Either way, great report asking the same question people have been talking about the last few months.

Darius calling himself the final piece of the halves puzzle. Wow.

Did you actually read the article or just the headline?
He basically did say that:

We’ve got some classy outside backs so I think the more on board we can get together as a spine, the more we can work together. “That’s up to me personally as well to make sure I’m nailing my role. "

Nailing the lid on his coffin more like it.

Last edited:
He basically did say that:

We’ve got some classy outside backs so I think the more on board we can get together as a spine, the more we can work together. “That’s up to me personally as well to make sure I’m nailing my role. "

Nailing the lid on his coffin more like it.
I'd read that more as him saying he has a responsibility to improve in his new position than "no worries boys now I'm here it's all good."

Last edited:
I'd read that more as him saying he has a responsibility to improve in his new position than "no worries boys now I'm here it's all good."
Him improving is the final piece in the puzzle. Or getting rid of him...

Did you actually read the article or just the headline?

He’s not exactly saying, yeah we need some genuine halves because this make shift 5/8th thing is bullshit.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.