Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The plan was #6 with Milford at 7

I think so too.......
as the season progressed
I think WB expected Bird to force Kodi out of the run on side .

The seriousness of Birds niggling injury/s obviously fucked that plan.

When a dodgy character appears in the coaches box it has everything to do with the game.

Why? Had nothing to do with what was happening on the field.

I'm not saying it wasn't "weird" seeing Gee there.......but, if the NRL had a problem with it, they were welcome to raise the issue and the ensuing press conferences from therein, is where Bennett could be "expected" to answer the questions.

I hope Hunt has kept the number of that Sports Pdychologist, I think he may need him late Saturday night.

Souths should be thanking us for playing the Dragons. Now that Widdop cannot play Hunt will be exposed as the fraud that he is.

He barely made a good play and was only good after Widdop created the massive lead.

If only the Warriors were still in but I’m gonna have to go Souths. Melbourne, Rorters, Shark druggies - HELL NO!

**** all of them. Footy doesn't exist for me until February now

Seriously? Finals are generally some of the best games of the year. Last opportunity to watch NRL until February.

Perhaps so, but my lack of investment in the sides involved in whatever game would just degenerate into me cynically hoping a meteor falls on all their heads live on TV and the quality of the footy becomes beside the point.

We stop wearing the heritage jersey and suddenly we go to shit...

I think so too.......
as the season progressed
I think WB expected Bird to force Kodi out of the run on side .

The seriousness of Birds niggling injury/s obviously fucked that plan.

Sh*t plan imo. U can’t just throw 7 on a blokes back and make him the next Alfie. Good news is WB is calling me up next preseason. Heard I knew how to pass a ball of the ground within 5 minutes and was willing to stand still while a the opposition run at me while I make a half effective tackle so I’m the new backup hooker. Told me I was too quick moving up in the line otherwise might have had a shot at run on...

look, it was a sad end but i think people are letting their disappointment blind themselves to a very promising future for this club.
I'd say as a result of some clever recruiting and development we have probably the cream of the crop of young forwards in the competition, along with some very promising backs.
We have been lamenting our halves but i think they have progressed together and will be better for the season together. However, if they can't manage to build on this season, we have sullivan and a host of young players that make a formidable spine in years to come.
We were badly beaten, no denying it, but that can happen when young players in their first final, seeing the game getting away from them. I'd like them to remember the feeling they had at full time and use it to motivate themselves for the seasons ahead. This team has been hobbling for the last two seasons but I think 2019 will be a whole different matter.
Remember, there will be two state-of-origin players and the most exiting young forward in the country to come back. The players like tevita, sua, bird, saviello will be at full fitness. Players like staggs, fafitta, fai, mago will be more mature, and training first grade players competing to be part of one of the best packs in the NRL.
I was as upset as anybody with the result and if it were a mature side, without injuries, I would be calling to sack the lot, with the lack of fight, but this is just a stepping stone onto much better things.

Souths should be thanking us for playing the Dragons. Now that Widdop cannot play Hunt will be exposed as the fraud that he is.

He barely made a good play and was only good after Widdop created the massive lead.

If only the Warriors were still in but I’m gonna have to go Souths. Melbourne, Rorters, Shark druggies - HELL NO!
This. Dragons at full strength this year were the best side in the comp and they were full strength for the part of the game that counted and smashed us apart. The sad part is, if De Belin and Widdop are out, the Dragons are gone and we were knocked out for nothing. Two teams we could not beat in that top 8 were the dragons at full strength and Melbourne. I would suggest Widdop is the most underrated player in the nrl. He gets his team rushing up, makes the big plays and is a weapon. Feels like a waste that they knocked us out, then lost the player that could have given them a chance against the bunnies. We at least have beaten the bunnies twice already and could’ve done it again. Anyway I guess it’s the way the cookie crumbles. Our defence sucked but we still showed towards the end of this season how good we can be. And that was with a LOT of injuries. I agree Macca needs to be a 60min player but I don’t think we will know what else needs to change till we get some key defensive guns back... particularly Gillette. Tariq Sims would’ve been belted off the park by a fit Gillette.

If we had of won who would replace Fifita and Sims for the next game?

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/09/12/injury-update-david-fifita/

Injury Update: David Fifita

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 12 Sep 2018, 01:57 PM

BRONCOS' youngster David Fifita will have his ankle operated on tomorrow.
The teenager injured his ankle in the Broncos' preliminary final loss to the Dragons last Sunday and had scans and an appointment with the surgeon this morning.
While the second rower does require an operation, Broncos' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans said he should be back into full training before Christmas.
He will begin running eight weeks after surgery, in early November.
"David will have surgery on an unstable syndesmosis joint as the ligaments surrounding it are torn," said Hickmans.
"On a positive note they did not find any fracture in the joint.
"He will be back in full training after a three-month recovery period."
The Broncos would have been in real trouble trying to field a forward pack this weekend if they had qualified for round two of the NRL finals.
Fifita would have been out and Korbin Sims was suspended for a dangerous throw out of the Dragons game.
Josh McGuire (hand) and Joe Ofahengaue (concussion) would have had to win fitness battles on their injuries, leaving the Broncos possibly short four forwards from last week's team.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.