Finals Week 1 Discussion

And there's the cherry on top for the Bulldogs.

Been a good performance for them. They came out of the blocks with plenty of purpose and before the Storm knew it, they were down by 18 points with all the work infront of them. Outside of one period just after HT, they never looked like being in it and the Dogs played very well.

As Super Freak pointed out, they're now 3-0 for the season against Melbourne.

With that we can say goodbye to Melbourne for 2014.

It's clearly apparent that they're well and truly beginning to enter the twilight years of their controversial run and that the talent that they've prided themselves on unearthing is beginning to dry up. In years gone by, they've been able to find replacements to fill the gaps in their squad but this year young Ben Hampton wasn't able to live up to expectations and at times they really struggled to handle or dominate the pace of the game.

Still it's a credit to them that despite an indifferent start and injuries to key personnel through out the year that they were still able to compete in the finals and I don't think the future is as bleak as it first appears. While it didn't work out for them in 2014, they still have the likes of Asofa-Solomona, Munster & Mann coming through. These blokes represent the future for them and it will be interesting to see how Bellamy handles their development.

Can't see the Storm making the 8 next year with the losses of Waqa & Hoffman.

The Storm will still have the big 3 and Bellamy there next year and whilst these guys are there the Storm will still be a tough opponent. I think they can cover Waqa but Hoffman is a loss and losing him will challenge them a bit more.

Are they really that important to Melbourne?

I know that Hoffman gets through a lot of work and has been one of their more consistent contributors since returning but he isn't exactly irreplaceable and I reckon backrow is a position that can be covered.

Similar deal with Waqa. Yes, he's shown plenty of improvement in Melbourne but they couldn't have replaced him with a better fit than Koroibete who shares a lot of his strengths. With O'Neil & Duffie to return among others I don't think it's that big a deal either.

So the Storm haven't won a finals game since winning the whole thing in 2012, let it continue please.

Panthers won their first finals game in ten years yesterday haha, Gus is a genius.

If only it was a team other than the Dogs.

I was driving for most of the second half and I loved the commentator on the radio when Lafai scored his 3rd try.

"Goooodbyeeee Melbourne Storm!"

Are they really that important to Melbourne?

I know that Hoffman gets through a lot of work and has been one of their more consistent contributors since returning but he isn't exactly irreplaceable and I reckon backrow is a position that can be covered.

Similar deal with Waqa. Yes, he's shown plenty of improvement in Melbourne but they couldn't have replaced him with a better fit than Koroibete who shares a lot of his strengths. With O'Neil & Duffie to return among others I don't think it's that big a deal either.

The backrow can be covered easily but Hoffman as you said has been one of their most consistent players so it will be interesting to see who the Storm pick to replace him. Hoffman is also a test and origin player and would be a good player in any team. It's different from Waqa who I'm still undecided weather he is a Storm fraud or not, it will be interesting to see how he goes next year without Cronks kicking game feeding him.

I wish.

Bromwich bobbled it and since it touched Reynolds it was an automatic knock on.

And that is the reason I hate that rule and prefer the old one, if the ball doesn't hit the ground then it's play on, but that's just an old coote talking.

That injury to the Bulldogs player was ugly. Did anyone hear him? I'm surprised the ref didn't cover his mic.

"**** me dead."

And it sounds like he asks, "who the **** was that?"

Then I think he comes up with another, "my fucking leg."

Last edited:
I reckon the referee had bigger concerns ensuring Pat got the right treatment for a compound fracture and discolation of his ankle.

What can I say, I'm so glad that after all of these years being dominant, the Melbourne Storm have been knocked out early on in the finals. Thank god is all i can say. :D

**** that looks really bad. I really hope the poor guy can make a full recovery :( Also good to see yet again Cooper Cronk being a good sportsman, always shows great concern for injured players.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Thelmus
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
  • Manlyman
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.