PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Looking forward to this game. We’re a good chance to cause an upset. Parra aren’t that good.

I try to live in the positive and will be cheering on our side today. We can win against the Eels. Having said that we all know that you cannot win a comp without a solid halves combo, we have not had one for several years. Having Boyd at 5/8 is a disaster in the making .. even if he plays out of his skin he still does not have the smarts or speed of a real 5/8 and is no Darren Lockyer. Add to that a slow, plodding hooker and a running back playing fullback and nothing bodes well for this game. The young forwards will try their hearts out and will not let us down, but with no real leader I am afraid they will stumble about a bit lost in structures. I for one do not blame Seebs one bit for our performance this year, he is stuck with the long term contracted players who are well past their prime and has tried his best to make positional combinations that work, unfortunately those particular players he has have, for the most part, lost their youthful enthusiasm for 'never give up' and we are lumbered with pay check performers. nothing a coach can do if the heart is not beating in the experienced 'senior' group. Get rid of the plodders and see what the coach can really do with a young fired up, enthusiastic team, I think we will see a different result all together. We do have the talent in our team for a GF side but it will take a while.. I will give the guy a go if he can get the team he wants. If we get knocked out today I will be disappointed but not shattered as I don't really expect us to go any further this year. Any wins from here will just be a big bonus for me.
Should we get knocked out today I would just like to wish everyone on here a great off season and look forward to catching up again next year if health permits. Good luck today and cheers to all.

I try to live in the positive and will be cheering on our side today. We can win against the Eels. Having said that we all know that you cannot win a comp without a solid halves combo, we have not had one for several years. Having Boyd at 5/8 is a disaster in the making .. even if he plays out of his skin he still does not have the smarts or speed of a real 5/8 and is no Darren Lockyer. Add to that a slow, plodding hooker and a running back playing fullback and nothing bodes well for this game. The young forwards will try their hearts out and will not let us down, but with no real leader I am afraid they will stumble about a bit lost in structures. I for one do not blame Seebs one bit for our performance this year, he is stuck with the long term contracted players who are well past their prime and has tried his best to make positional combinations that work, unfortunately those particular players he has have, for the most part, lost their youthful enthusiasm for 'never give up' and we are lumbered with pay check performers. nothing a coach can do if the heart is not beating in the experienced 'senior' group. Get rid of the plodders and see what the coach can really do with a young fired up, enthusiastic team, I think we will see a different result all together. We do have the talent in our team for a GF side but it will take a while.. I will give the guy a go if he can get the team he wants. If we get knocked out today I will be disappointed but not shattered as I don't really expect us to go any further this year. Any wins from here will just be a big bonus for me.
Should we get knocked out today I would just like to wish everyone on here a great off season and look forward to catching up again next year if health permits. Good luck today and cheers to all.

No blame at all? Generous

I know we can win this game too. However, when I saw Ben Cummins named as ref I felt nothing but despair 😩. Go broncs do us proud 👍

This Parra mob conceded 64 to Storm this season, we've got to be in with a fighting chance so long as we keep our discipline, move up fast in defence and hopefully Macca can at least put pressure on Moses' kicks.

Broncos by 4.

Gutherson still suited up, is he not playing or is he just a fancy fella.

I'm sorry guys, Sunday is my shit day of the week.

None of us know who'll win.

Are we deserving of a win, given our form this season? The competition isn't decided based on who is most deserving.

Can we win this game? Yes.

Since none of us will be taking the field, the best we can do is hope for an enjoyable game and the win.

ive come up with a cunning plan...all good...
Ladbrokes gave me some free cash last night so i put it on the Storm.

I've just put a few bucks on the Eels so that should get us home.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.