Finals Week 2

What about Moses? I didn't hear a peep about him kicking a player on the Footy show this morning. Any vision or shots of that incident?

Yep it was a clear shoulder charge but it's JT2 do no worries, same as Moses, he is the golden child so no worries.

Happens around 56:30 for those looking for it.

He clearly kicks Cooper in the arse. Not hard, but it was no different to the Roberts situation from last season.

I assume Gillo escaped a tripping charge as well, although he did try to retract the leg at the very last moment...

I assume Gillo escaped a tripping charge as well, although he did try to retract the leg at the very last moment...

I haven't heard anything on it, because Jason's shoulder charge came out straight away that hes escaped it the next day.

Escaped charge, despite Roberts being charged and missing a finals game because of the same thing.

Snapshot2

Also enjoyed the final ptb of the game. Norman had a massive cry, you could tell he was cut up about losing.

I really don't see how this isn't a shoulder charge.

Arm by the side, making contact with the shoulder without any attempt to wrap the arms around. Textbook shoulder charge by the new definition.

Escaped being charged, though.

View attachment 1846
seriously?? not even close to a shoulder charge... he's basically front on with clear separation between his arm and body.. no bracing the arm against the body and leading side on. Do some people just like to be controversial and feel hard done by all the time here?

seriously?? not even close to a shoulder charge... he's basically front on with clear separation between his arm and body.. no bracing the arm against the body and leading side on. Do some people just like to be controversial and feel hard done by all the time here?

I'm guessing you didn't keep updated with the changes to the shoulder charge rule before the season started.

That right there is a shoulder charge going by the very definition of it in the rule book.

I'm guessing you didn't keep updated with the changes to the shoulder charge rule before the season started.

That right there is a shoulder charge going by the very definition of it in the rule book.

Yes I did, just don't agree with you. According to the nrl statement
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-shoulder-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/103470/default.aspx

• The contact is forceful, and;
• The player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

That photo looks like an attempt to use his arm to me, in fact pretty text book front on tackle...head to the side, foot forward, leaning and driving upwards from legs and hips into the tackle with chest and shoulder, wrapping up the player. Doesn't wrap on this occaison, but the arm is not braced against the side, its moving upwards towards a wrap up. Stop making shit up thats not real...theres enough outrage in league without adding more false outrage.

Yes I did, just don't agree with you. According to the nrl statement
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-shoulder-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/103470/default.aspx

• The contact is forceful, and;
• The player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

That photo looks like an attempt to use his arm to me, in fact pretty text book front on tackle...head to the side, foot forward, leaning and driving upwards from legs and hips into the tackle with chest and shoulder, wrapping up the player. Doesn't wrap on this occaison, but the arm is not braced against the side, its moving upwards towards a wrap up. Stop making shit up thats not real...theres enough outrage in league without adding more false outrage.

Except he doesn't make any attempt to use his arms to tackle or take hold of the opposition player. If he did, he would have. He had plenty of time to do it.

He drops the arm to the side with the fist clenched and leans in with the shoulder and makes contact.

It doesn't matter if there was separation, neither does the body position. Last year, it would have mattered if there was separation. But the rule was changed.

Makes no attempt to tackle the player, leans in with the shoulder and makes contact with the shoulder. That's a shoulder charge.

Except he doesn't make any attempt to use his arms to tackle or take hold of the opposition player. If he did, he would have. He had plenty of time to do it.

He drops the arm to the side with the fist clenched and leans in with the shoulder and makes contact.

It doesn't matter if there was separation, neither does the body position. Last year, it would have mattered if there was separation. But the rule was changed.

Makes no attempt to tackle the player, leans in with the shoulder and makes contact with the shoulder. That's a shoulder charge.

More importantly, in the spirit of the rules in which they were brought in, namely player safety, if something goes wrong there is massive potential for injury. With the rest of JT's body behind his shoulder, and adding weight and momentum to it, should JT time it wrong or something happen to Brown that causes him to drop slightly Brown would cop a head shot of nothing but pure shoulder, and absolutely none of the impact would be absorbed by JT's chest or arm.

That does not look like a shoulder charge to me at all.

Imo it looked like he hit him with a good shot and couldn't wrap the arms in time

It looked like a shoulder charge to me but I'm old fashioned and loved it.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Bronx48
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ejbroncos
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Splinter
  • Maroon4life
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Big Del
  • marw
  • Nerd
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.