Finals Week 2

The second one is with 12 minutes remaining when Eels made that break down right side. Ferguson kicks the ball back in to Penisini. Naden is chasing from behind and instead of Penisini being allowed to have a clear grab at the ball which he is entitled to, Naden instead interferes with him. How he does it is interesting. He wraps one arm around Penisini and the other arm he uses to bat away the ball, which he does and it goes forward. But Penisini is effectively tackled without the ball. How the officials missed this is baffling. It should have been 10 in the bin and at the very least, Eels ball for a knock on but nope it's play on.

Penisini was off side anyway.

but in that same play Moses is actually held back by Luai as he's trying to support Ferguson

but in that same play Moses is actually held back by Luai as he's trying to support Ferguson
There was shit like this from both sides all night.

Another one was tackled players (without the ball) holding onto those doing the tackling while another guy got tackled and played the ball, so the initial tackler couldn't get back onside...saw that a couple of times lastnight too.

So much shit in and around the ruck, and around contests for the ball...it was hard to watch. I wish it could be cleaned up but I don't know how you do it short of just penalising anything untoward...which was tried years ago and the media cried about it so much the NRL backed down. Missed opportunity there IMO.

There was shit like this from both sides all night.

Another one was tackled players (without the ball) holding onto those doing the tackling while another guy got tackled and played the ball, so the initial tackler couldn't get back onside...saw that a couple of times lastnight too.

So much shit in and around the ruck, and around contests for the ball...it was hard to watch. I wish it could be cleaned up but I don't know how you do it short of just penalising anything untoward...which was tried years ago and the media cried about it so much the NRL backed down. Missed opportunity there IMO.

There were also heaps of occasions where a Penrith player would get tackled and another player (not the hooker) would grab one of the defenders who are trying to get up and pull them back down, holding there collar until the penrith hooker had passed the ball, removing any chance of them returning to the defensive line or marker. Cheap as.

Felt for the poor bastard big time lastnight. 2 critical errors and a third unfairly penalised. Eels did enough to win that. **** I cannot stand the Panthers' attitude, it stinks to high heaven. Hope the Storm **** them up by 40 next week (and I think they very well could given their week off as opposed to Penrith's bashfest lastnight, that's got to take a hell of a lot out of them).

And Souths put 40 on the Storm in the final!

Craig Bellamy reenacting Brian Smith after we beat Saint George back to back Premierships.

Please baby Jesus, I don't ask a lot of you, but if you grant me this...

Penisini was fine. He looks offside because Ferguson is leaning back when he kicks, but his outstretched leg keeps Penisini onside.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.