Finals Week 3

vertigo

NRL Captain
Mar 2, 2010
Threads
Did you mean Bennett here?
Dragons, Knights, Broncos all saddled with shit contracts.

Letting reynolds go when he's proved he's still a top tier halfback seems dumb. Remember he was trying to offload Johnston at one point too.

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Threads

Letting reynolds go when he's proved he's still a top tier halfback seems dumb. Remember he was trying to offload Johnston at one point too.
Bennett wanted to keep Reynolds, he had no say in the matter.

Johnston wanted to test his market and potentially earn fullback money. Bennett said go right ahead and seemingly the offers that came in weren't enough to entice him.

I can't remember any bad contracts at the Dragons. They just had an ageing roster that was near the end of the careers. The only impact Bennett had is that he took a few players with him to Newcastle.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads

Yeah no, I meant why quote my post about Bellamy with your comment about Bennett?

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Sep 8, 2009
Threads
James Maloney tried this at Suncorp years ago. The fans kicked up such a stink, the ref cottoned on and made him move back out.
Maloney just turned to the crowd shaking his head with a smirk on his face. Good times…

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
This is literally embarrassing though. That must be roughly 7-10 metres worth of cheating.
If you weren't the Panthers or another pet team of theirs it would be considered cheating by the NSWRL.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
If you weren't the Panthers or another pet team of theirs it would be considered cheating by the NSWRL.
The games officiating was horrible and exemplifies everything wrong with the game.

- Holding down players
- Constantly not being back 10
- Trainer stopping play in try scoring position for Welch but he wasn’t made to go off
- The conversion off the mark
- TPJ throwing a marker
- TPJ dropping an elbow
- Luai HIA

Shambles

Aldo

What, me worry?
Jul 7, 2013
Threads
The big thing that has crept into the game is how early teams leave their line before the ball has even been touched with the foot by the player playing the ball. It's ridiculous how quick Penrith get up off their line. Fucken shits me.

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Threads
The games officiating was horrible and exemplifies everything wrong with the game.

- Holding down players
- Constantly not being back 10
- Trainer stopping play in try scoring position for Welch but he wasn’t made to go off
- The conversion off the mark
- TPJ throwing a marker
- TPJ dropping an elbow
- Luai HIA

Shambles
Wasn't the trainer calling time off a mandatory 2 minute sit out rule introduced this season (and never used)? Or am I imagining things.

Huge

International Rep
Mar 7, 2008
Threads
The big thing that has crept into the game is how early teams leave their line before the ball has even been touched with the foot by the player playing the ball. It's ridiculous how quick Penrith get up off their line. Fucken shits me.
Well, I've suggested a remedy for that but...

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads
Funny thing is I've seen it literally dozens of times.

Yeah this happens all the time. You’ll find when a player scores right in the corner, the tee will be brought in a bit. We do it, as well.

The only time I’ve seen someone get pulled up for it was Thurston in the GF. Probably because of the nature of the kick and I’m pretty sure the Broncos players alerted Sutton.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Blake Taafe will become the least experienced player to play in a GF.

Taafe has played 7 matches.

Mbye currently holds the record when drafted into the Bulldogs GF team to replace an injured Ennis (2014) after 8 NRL games

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarltonCru
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.