Finals Week 3

I missed the start of the game but from what I can see, Souths are making their own luck. That opening try to Walker was the key example where Gagai rolled the dice but he caught Saab out who didn't adjust quickly enough to make a play on it and it all bounced South Sydney's way. The only issue is that the rules should have penalised Manly further. It really should have been a try AND a sin-bin for professional foul. As it stood, Souths were actually punished for scoring a legitimate try by making the kick more difficult than it should have been.

Then you go the other way where Trbojevic should have scored for all money but the desperation by the Souths defence just got numbers into the tackle and that overwhelmed Trbojevic who couldn't fend them off and hold onto the footy at the same time. I'm so relieved they didn't try to second guess the try either. Klein only gave it because that's the system where under, he clearly wasn't confident and he lost control of it.

All the hard work Souths put into making their edges potent have paid off here because Manly are so busy trying to slide over, that they're giving away a ton of space in the middle. So when they do shift left, the Manly defence is too slow to help Harper and Suli who are being exposed big time.

Have to give credit again to the Supercoach. I thought Souths had a really soft under-belly and were the 'best of the rest'. Even without Latrell he's been able to get them up once again and there is a quiet calm about the team. He's already one of the best modern coaches, but if he wins the premiership here it would surely have to put him on top of the pops when you consider what he was able to achieve with Queensland as well.

Might make a contest of this yet

Reckon that drop from Olakuato has ended manly's chance

Yep that'll do it now.

Manly were on top but Ola forcing a pass on 3rd tackle at the 50m put them on the back foot and killed their momentum.

She's all over now

Reynolds has been ultra aggressive in defence

Well it always looked like a top 4 and then everyone else. One of those top four was destroyed by injuries this season, so not really surprising a result like this, just continues a dismally boring season overall I'd imagine.

Manly need to be carefull they don't become the David Warner of the NRL and get a reputation as flat track bullies.

Can flog the shit out of weaker sides all you want but it counts for nothing if you can't fire a shot against the real deal.

This has been a little better than last round, but still doesnt really feel like finals footy to me.

This has been a little better than last round, but still doesnt really feel like finals footy to me.
the physicality at the start was finals like. But it went downhill pretty quick

Weak effort from Garrick on that when the season is on the line

It isn’t. This is the lamest finals I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching since 91.

Ive only been half watching this game, but has there been any 6 again calls? Or has the NRL done away with that nonsense at last?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bb_gun
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.