OFFICIAL First Ever Spoon

why not do it away from the fans eye
They have just won the wooden spoon and lost 17 of their last 18 games and now they just rub this in the fans faces carrying on like this
Just another kick in the guts to the fans who are no doubt coping shit left right and centre already

Stands aren't exactly filled to capacity and the ones who are there probably wanted to watch. Not everything they do has to reflect back on the game. Are we so critical that we wouldn't allow a guy to celebrate the upcoming birth of his child because the team lost the final game he played that night. It's like having a gender reveal party at home (if thats your thing) and someone comes up to you and says 'hey, you screwed up that task at work today, why are you celebrating your child?'.

Last edited:
why not do it away from the fans eye
They have just won the wooden spoon and lost 17 of their last 18 games and now they just rub this in the fans faces carrying on like this
Just another kick in the guts to the fans who are no doubt coping shit left right and centre already
Yes and that comes with to much privilege . Any distraction is worth it than facing the reality of why they are in this position. They have not earnt the right to play let alone celebrate anything on the field . Take that shit somewhere else where it's appropriate , and I hope the next coach is taking note and hates it to and is just waiting to flog these blokes off season. The irony is the club will probably keep Darius around in some capacity to help counsel young players in regards to mental health , which in part, he's probably contributed to by his influence , playing too many fucking years too long. Their pathetic attitudes are absolutely abysmal.

I'm not bothered at all by the gender reveal thing at the end of the game.

There's more to life than just footy and at the end of the day these are just regular guys happy for their mate. Love him or hate him, Boyd has had an illustrious career and deserves to finish up how he sees fit.

I don't think there was any malice or bad intent in the decision to do it on the pitch after the game. It was clearly planned regardless if we won, lost or had drawn.

Just read that Boyd did a gender reveal after the game and the players were all laughing and celebrating
They really don’t give a **** do they
This needs to be rammed down their throat big time in the off season about actually giving a **** whether you win or lose
Oh, I don't know. Sometimes you're just happy works finished for the year and you have a great big holiday planned. Boyd cannot be blamed for being happy it's all over. Afterall, he was just about our most consistent player all year.

Before you clever cocksuckers say 'consistently shit' I'll short circuit your limp dick joke. At least in Boyds case his joy is understandable, he doesn't have to be judged by never was been numpties ever again, plus he made 1.25 million for the season, or not.

I just wish the other laughing boys had pitched in. We'd be playing finals too.

Broncos FB page have just uploaded a video: "Our captain Alex Glenn talks openly and honestly about the 2020 season".
Whilst I feel for Glenn and the scrutiny that he has had to endure as a result of the season from hell, he seems to blame COVID-19 for the decline of this footy team, talking about feeling like a prisoner with the restrictions around NRL players.
I get it, but he does realise that EVERY other team in the NRL faced exactly the same, if not worse protocols, doesn't he?
QLD teams actually had the more relaxed protocols compared to a lot of other teams.
Look at the Warriors, who are stuck in a different country, not sleeping in their own beds and unable to see their families for months.
Look at Melbourne, they have relocated to a different state and again unable to sleep in their own beds.

I feel like this club from top down has used the COVID-19 excuse for this shocking season, when in-fact they actually had it better then a lot of other clubs/teams did.
Melbourne are a genuine premiership threat. I have no doubt that they would love to be able to go back to their own home after training, after each game, like the Broncos players can, but they cannot. They're using it as a bonding tool, rather than an easy get out. Thats is because their coach, CEO and board know that there is no point in crying and using it as an excuse. Every club has these "bubble" restrictions.

Again, massive cultural issues at this club and another tick to bringing Kevvie in and going hard for Donaghy and Bellamy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot of players in this team that look to have this chip on their shoulder and think that they're superior then what they really are.
This club and this team need a genuine wake up call and unfortunately, I don't think the spoon that they won last night will wake them up.
I can picture all 30 players, coaching staff and board members at Red Hill this morning patting each other on the back and saying COVID-19 really did a number on us this year.

It's just not good enough.
Yeah but half of that 30 are on crutches

Loving it. can't get enough of this privileged over-inflated donkeys collecting a well-deserved spoon. You happily soaked up all the privileges and advantages for decades. Well, guess what, with all that privilege comes the pain of failing with those advantages. Suck it up, princess. The veneer of excellence is shattered. Wait until that second Brizzy team steps in....
I love that you’re butt hurt over the fact that you couldn’t handle how good we were. Yes, we deserved the spoon this year and it would’ve been a travesty if a side like the Doggies who tried all year got the spoon.

Riiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt! How'd that go for us?
I don’t post a lot on here but I did say in the middle of 2018 “**** Seibold” when the Bellamy attempted coup was collapsing.

120203297 1442520929278651 2812401704390308212 n

d32b4a3cfd5b31f7dd9a1962eabec012

So which one of yous threw wooden spoons into the Broncos training grounds for that poor dude to collect?

Last edited:

Four wankers who call themselves fans. You got your twenty seconds of fame, tosspots now. Fibre come back next year when they start winning.

Making a big deal out of the situation with the spoons on the training grounds reminds me of this for some reason lol.

Yes we deserve the spoon - no doubt, but it’s the spoon we had to have.

Nothing less was going to get those at the wheel out of their comfort zone.

We have been on a sinking ship for quite some time now and no one called for the bailing out to begin. Clearly waiting for things, that were in their control, to right themselves of their own accord.

We had plenty of chances to change course over the past few years or end up where we were heading but we didn’t- and now we are here.

Big changes now appear to be on the way, hopefully we are successful in poaching both the Storms CEO and coach as a director of coaching.

Getting the right coach with the right assistants won’t be fucked up this time and again, hopefully, the whole football department gets a shake up from top to bottom. Including recruitment retention and formulating a rock solid succession plan as the very basics.

Yes it’s the spoon we had to have.
Although disappointing, much good will come because of it.

Serves us right for not listening to 60-8 Wayne.

So ends 'The Boyd Years'...

Last edited:
Serves us right for not listening to 60-8 Wayne.

So ends 'The Boyd Years'...

To think we had sua, Allan and gagai on our books once and then watching them carve up under the coaching of Wayne Bennett.

What went wrong at the broncos and did making the finals every year mask over the the snowballing issues..

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Evander
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.