First Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Team named Monday, Shield starts again Tuesday.

Clarke and Haddin in doubt. Clarke won't play Tuesday I think Haddin will. Rogers got a nice 100 against SA and 3 100's in his last 7 Tests and Siddle got 7 wickets against SA so they're safe again. Harris needs another hit out but bowled well in the second innings against NSW.

Smith, Warner and Johnson pick themselves. Watson doesn't bowl and Marsh is the all rounder.

Rogers
Warner
Watson
Smith
Clarke
Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hazlewood
Lyon

If Clarke is out then Haddin becomes captain and I would be looking at Fergurson to replace him who has been close to the form batsman this year with Handscomb.

I'd go with all pace at the 'Gabba.

I like what I saw of Marsh in Dubai and am happy to see him continue.

However this all rounder thing is bullshit. A test all rounder whilst obviously being capable of both batting and bowling should at least be able to do one at a proper test level.

Think Marsh probably looks the goods with the bat but so many all rounders in recent years did neither discipline at a test standard.

Clarke more than likely won't play, so it will be interesting to see what they go with if he is out. I'd assume Doolan may get a chance to take his spot at 4, althought that could change if Haddin is also out.

This is the 12 I reckon they'll go with:

Haddin (c)
Smith (vc)
Warner
Rogers
Watson
Doolan
M. Marsh
Johnson
Siddle
Lyon
Harris
Hazelwood

Team named:

Australia: Michael Clarke (c) (NSW*), Brad Haddin (vc) (NSW), Ryan Harris (QLD), Josh Hazlewood (NSW), Mitchell Johnson (WA), Nathan Lyon (NSW), Mitchell Marsh (WA), Chris Rogers (VIC), Peter Siddle (VIC), Steve Smith (NSW), David Warner (NSW), Shane Watson (NSW). *Notes subject to fitness.

Here's hoping Burns or Khawaja make a ton of runs in the shield and force their way to the head of the queue as Clarke's replacement.

Hughes is 63*

He's giving himself a chance if Clarke is out.

I'd say the ton by Shaun Marsh has sealed his spot in the team.

Just on Phil Hughes a real tragedy has happened today. It sounds very bad for Phil. I just hope he pulls through.

Terrible and it must not have been far from happening after I posted his score.

Look for some modifications to be made to batting helmets in the wake of this.

As it should be.

No way you could back-up for a test match after a bloody funeral.

Agreed and Clarke's speech was heartbreaking and shows the players are just not ready for it.

Phillip Hughes would have turned 26 tomorrow. It is just so sad. No way could the boys get up for the Gabba Test on Thursday.

Really impressed with CA and James Sutherland. I have a lot more respect for the guy for the way he's handling this

Active Now

• jd87
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
  • Jeza23
  • Skathen
  • barker
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.