Five things we learned: David Fifita deserves a 10-year contract

Jedhead

NRL Player
You seem to be missing the point. The players we were left with, were good enough to last year beat the players who have beaten us twice this year, comprende? People can complain about Boyd and Macca all they want, but it’s just to avoid blaming where the fault really lies.
But they argument was who left us with those spuds. And there is no denying it was Benny. It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Last edited:

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
But they argument was who left us with those spuds. And there is no denying it was Benny. It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.
Mate, those spuds beat Souths guns last year. Do you understand?
- Merged

Except this isn't the same side as 2018, the team has changed and a lot of issues that were apparent last year have remained and only gotten worse. There is only so much a coach can do during the course of the season given the make-up of the salary cap, any major personnel changes can't really happen until the off-season.

Seibold isn't blameless either, but let's stop pretending that the only thing that's changed since last year and this year is the head coach.
I would argue we have better cattle available this year purely due to once in a generation type players in their positions maturing

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
- Merged

I would argue we have better cattle available this year purely due to once in a generation type players in their positions maturing
Mate the argument was not about performace it was about personel. If you insist on being so obtuse I'd rather we never discussed the matter.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Mate the argument was not about performace it was about personel. If you insist on being so obtuse I'd rather we never discussed the matter.
Do you see the parallel I’m trying to draw for you. We had the majority of same personnel last year and they were good enough then. People are complaining they are ‘spuds’ and that Souths have guns despite the fact our spuds beat them. It’s not being obtuse, it’s pertinent to the topic.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Do you see the parallel I’m trying to draw for you. We had the majority of same personnel last year and they were good enough then. People are complaining they are ‘spuds’ and that Souths have guns despite the fact our spuds beat them. It’s not being obtuse, it’s pertinent to the topic.
22-20

It's not like a humiliating thrashing. Think you realise a few unlucky things went against us last night, coupled with the fact literally any 5\8 in the comp would have been an improvement on the CAPTAIN Seibs was left with. Game could have gone either way.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Mate the original post claimed Seibs was left with certain players to work with in our spine. You incorrectly stated that Niko was fired and Boyd and Milf were being played in wrong positions. This is not what the argument was about. So as you fail to see where you went wrong there is nothing else worth saying to you.

The fact you insist on writing Seibold's name in lowecase and Bennett's in uppercase should have warned me to stay well away from any debate with you.

Last edited:

theshed

NRL Player
It’s been said 100 times but I love the idea of how good this team could be with a solid preseason, some team line up consistency, and another years experience under the belt. SoS made 30 something tackles last night and still managed 2 try assists (thanks to Fifita).

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. SoS
7. Deardon
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Glenn
17. Flegler

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Mate the original post claimed Seibs was left with certain players to work with in our spine. You incorrectly stated that Niko was fired and Boyd and Milf were being played in wrong positions. This is not what the argument was about. So as you fail to see where you went wrong there is nothing else worth saying to you.

The fact you insist on writing Seibold's name in lowecase and Bennett's in uppercase should have warned me to stay well away from any debate with you.
No it said it was the spine that Wayne built. If you think 1 out of 4 is the same spine I’ve got news for you.

Thelmus

NRL Player
I thought Gillett was pretty poor overall. Yes he made that great final run but he missed quite a few important covering tackles he used to make.
It was his first game back. He might take a game or two. Having said that, he showed what he is capable, if only briefly. It's true his defence was down, but he will get better.

ostin86

QCup Player
22-20

It's not like a humiliating thrashing. Think you realise a few unlucky things went against us last night, coupled with the fact literally any 5\8 in the comp would have been an improvement on the CAPTAIN Seibs was left with. Game could have gone either way.
It's not even that it could have gone either way. We are the better team and we should have won. It's frustrating that we can't put teams away. Last night, we found a way to lose, but if we had of performed for the full 80 instead of the last 15 mins than we would have won comfortably.

Thats one good thing about us this year, we are good finishers, we are rarely out of the contest.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
- Merged

Neither of them are as pivotal as the captain or the other senior players. The squad has also undergone a transformation since last year, so there's more to it than just the change of coach.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
He decided to fire niko and play milf and Boyd in the wrong positions did he?
telling Niko he was not a half and moving Milf were 1000000000% the right decisions.

he should be playing Boyd in the centers, but halves injuries havce probably prevented that... at least he is not still at fullback (like he would be under Bennett) costing us games every week

Hell, now the Warriors appear to have decide that Niko is best off the bench

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
telling Niko he was not a half and moving Milf were 1000000000% the right decisions.

he should be playing Boyd in the centers, but halves injuries havce probably prevented that... at least he is not still at fullback (like he would be under Bennett) costing us games every week

Hell, now the Warriors appear to have decide that Niko is best off the bench
Milf has been fucking shit at fullback, keep telling yourself he hasn't been to justify your position but everyone is slowly coming around, you may soon as well.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Milf has been fucking shit at fullback, keep telling yourself he hasn't been to justify your position but everyone is slowly coming around, you may soon as well.
Milf isn't "fucking shit" at fullback any more than he was "fucking shit" at 6. The problem is he was more fully realized when we signed him than most of us foresaw. We expected him to blossom into a game manager like Lockyer, but instead he's got slower and less elusive with age.

He's not a bad player by any means, but I think it's time we all accept he's not the guy to built the team around. He's only ever going to be just a cog in the spine. The trouble is we have two passengers in the spine - Darius and Macca, who offer no direction - and a selection of greenhorns, who we shouldn't expect to be midfield generals in their first season.

We can't punt Boyd (no one would have him) or Macca (I don't know why), so maybe we might have to offload Milf like we did Kodi. He'd fit in better into just about any other team. And unlike the other two would get snapped up in a flash, probably.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter