NEWS Flegler extends his time in Brisbane

Given Queensland's general lack of depth in most positions coupled with how many Props are typically required over the course of an Origin campaign, he's statistically quite likely to play Origin at some point. That alone won't make him an elite standard NRL Front Rower though.
I He's only 21 and I think he has the building blocks to be elite. I get your point that being picked might reflect the current lack of depth but I see that depth improving in the next few years with a lot of good young forwards coming through. If he performs once he gets to origin he will be considered elite.
[automerge]1576731267[/automerge]
humans are getting bigger and training methods are improving. I reckon haas will be the first of many just like him
I think he is a once in a generation type player. Look at all the players who have been compared to TLolo but they have not reached his standard (i.e TPJ). I think Haas will be the same where he will be the elite consistent version that stands above the rest .

Last edited:
I He's only 21 and I think he has the building blocks to be elite. I get your point that being picked might reflect the current lack of depth but I see that depth improving in the next few years with a lot of good young forwards coming through. If he performs once he gets to origin he will be considered elite.
[automerge]1576731267[/automerge]

I think he is a once in a generation type player. Look at all the players who have been compared to TLolo but they have not reached his standard (i.e TPJ). I think Haas will be the same where he will be the elite consistent version that stands above the rest .
Taumololo is a perfect example. He was like no one we’ve ever seen before like two seasons ago. Now here comes a bigger fitter younger version

I'm really keen to share your optimism.

Not sure about the Haas part though. The game quite possibly hasn't had one like him before in over a century. What are the odds three of his like will pop up all in the same decade?
People said the same thing about JT13 also.

Taumololo is a perfect example. He was like no one we’ve ever seen before like two seasons ago. Now here comes a bigger fitter younger version
Should’ve read the rest of the thread before replying, exactly this.

Taumalolo's longevity still stands him out from anyone else, even Haas. If Haas is still going as strong as Taumalolo in a few years from now then they can be compared. I have no reason to doubt Haas can get there or even higher, but JT already has the runs on the board so he's still the stand out and benchmark for mine.

Taumalolo's longevity still stands him out from anyone else, even Haas. If Haas is still going as strong as Taumalolo in a few years from now then they can be compared. I have no reason to doubt Haas can get there or even higher, but JT already has the runs on the board so he's still the stand out and benchmark for mine.
I just compare 19 year old LoLo to a 19 year old Haas. LoLo was playing like 20 minutes and was gassed and haas punched out 80 minutes on multiple occasions.

if I could chose one of them in their current forms for the 2020 season I’m picking haas.

Last edited:
I just compare 19 year old LoLo to a 19 year old Haas. LoLo was playing like 20 minutes and was gassed and haas punched out 80 minutes on multiple occasions.

if I could chose one of them in their current forms for the 2020 season I’m picking haas.
Agreed.

It’s the only reasonable comparison to make, and based on it, Haas is far superior.

He really is something special.

Agreed.

It’s the only reasonable comparison to make, and based on it, Haas is far superior.

He really is something special.
Even Rookie Haas vs Peak Taumalolo is a fair comparison.

Someone here posted stats comparing Haas 2019 vs Taumalolo 2016 (Dally M winner) and Haas' were equal, if not better.

The kid is a freak.

In any case Lolo is stll elite even if you think Haas is better at the same age. How many Haas or Lolos are there? Not enough for each team to have one. From Lolos group he is the only one. We are luck in we might have the two best forwards from the next crop in Haas and Fifita. I don't think there will be an assembly line of Haases of Fifita's like there wasn't with Lolo. In my view every generation has standout players and its not the case of simply being the new norm. Who was the next Sonny Bill. Nobody. Doesn't mean they don't change the game but it wont be that all of a sudden the next crop are all at the same level.

In any case Lolo is stll elite even if you think Haas is better at the same age. How many Haas or Lolos are there? Not enough for each team to have one. From Lolos group he is the only one. We are luck in we might have the two best forwards from the next crop in Haas and Fifita. I don't think there will be an assembly line of Haases of Fifita's like there wasn't with Lolo. In my view every generation has standout players and its not the case of simply being the new norm. Who was the next Sonny Bill. Nobody. Doesn't mean they don't change the game but it wont be that all of a sudden the next crop are all at the same level.

In the same way the players are all bigger stronger and faster than their counterparts from 20 years ago, players like lolo and haas will become the norm.

The playing group may get stronger etc over time but there will always be Lolo and Haas players that stand out as freaks. No way they become the "norm". They will be dominant over their careers. That sort of athletic talent simply can't just be replicated

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the 4 game suspension, Haas would have given the Dally M a red hot crack. Could have won Dally M and Rookie of the year in the same year haha.

If it wasn't for the 4 game suspension, Haas would have given the Dally M a red hot crack. Could have won Dally M and Rookie of the year in the same year haha.

He did it in an 11 win season as well. We’re going 15+ next year. Worth a flutter. Milf will steal a few off him tho.

He could very well win it in 2020.

The playing group may get stronger etc over time but there will always be Lolo and Haas players that stand out as freaks. No way they become the "norm". They will be dominant over their careers. That sort of athletic talent simply can't just be replicated

Athletic talent will only keep you at the top for so long - the rest is pure dedication and perseverance. Plenty of players in leagues history (given that the game style moves every 5-7 years) that learn, work hard and adapt to be better, more consistent and of great value. Fleggy might not be a pure raw talent right now - but he has the ability to dedicate if he wants and become a Webcke.

Athletic talent will only keep you at the top for so long - the rest is pure dedication and perseverance. Plenty of players in leagues history (given that the game style moves every 5-7 years) that learn, work hard and adapt to be better, more consistent and of great value. Fleggy might not be a pure raw talent right now - but he has the ability to dedicate if he wants and become a Webcke.

I think he is more a Steve Price and if he gets to being that good, wow!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Maroon4life
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.