RANT Flegler is a lazy footballer

• Thread starter Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Start date
Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Has skill, but I think he is very lazy in defence, I think he doesn't have enough mongrel in him.

Carrigan - like to see him develop an offload in his runs, usually a workhorse
Flegler - needs to develop some muscles, too much body fat

Fleg and Carrigan are still new, need another year to develop

The only time I notice he's out there is when he drops the ball or gives away a penalty.

20 metres gained tonight.

Bigger problems than a young, interchange forward. I’d like to know who the cancer is. Does anyone have a clue if indeed there is one or a small group? I know so,e will blame the previous coach but time to move on ..

Bigger problems than a young, interchange forward. I’d like to know who the cancer is. Does anyone have a clue if indeed there is one or a small group? I know so,e will blame the previous coach but time to move on ..
It’s either Paul white or Alan langer

I don’t rate Carrigan as anything more than a toiler. He has no footwork, no offload, his hitups are nothing special but he does a lot, his defence isn’t anything to write home about, and he is lazy in the ruck.

Flegler runs hard, his defence is awful. He is a penalty magnet because he is clearly thicker than a whale omelette and he has hands for feet.

Obviously then, both are on massive long term contracts with us...

It’s just sad really. All these kids have stopped progressing and in many cases have started regressing. This club is breaking a number of talents. I actually wonder if it is better for them to go to other clubs not only physically but also just for the mental benefits.

It’s just sad really. All these kids have stopped progressing and in many cases have started regressing. This club is breaking a number of talents. I actually wonder if it is better for them to go to other clubs not only physically but also just for the mental benefits.
Sadly i agree. I cant blame players from looking at other options. I mean get paid better and play in a better team/organisatiob. For example, stick coates in the melbourne system and he will have a reserve on the aussie jersey for a decade.

Now despite me also bashing them, I think both can still come good. Both are still in their early 20s (Fleg is 21 and Carrigan is 23) and are probably players who will peak later on in their careers. They need decent mentors though, there's no experienced front rower leading from the front who can they look up to and learn from.

When we lost Bennett we lost the pull he had to bring good players to the club. After Origin last year the players spoke about him so highly. Getting him back in whatever position would mean bringing better players to the club. I’d swap Carrigan and Flegler for Arrow and a can of coke.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.