Folau a happy Storm boy(folau wants to stay at melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kimlo_

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2008
MELBOURNE teen sensation Israel Folau has pledged his allegiance to the Storm, saying he has no plans to quit the club despite keen interest from NRL rivals.

Australia's youngest international said he wanted to continue his development under New South Wales Origin coach Craig Bellamy.

Off-contract at season's end, Folau will be bombarded with offers - with Gold Coast and Brisbane leading the way - after a magnificent 2007 that included a premiership, Australian selection and 21 NRL tries-- a record for a debut season.

Folau, 18, could command about $350,000 a season.

"I'd like to stay - 100 per cent," Folau said. "There's a really good culture here. With the players and coaches here at Melbourne, why would I want to play anywhere else?

"It would be very tough to leave Melbourne. I've learnt most of my football under Craig and from the great players here.

"But at this stage of my career, I've got a lot of learning to do. There's nowhere I'd rather do that than here under Craig."

In a further bonus for the Storm, Folau revealed he was more likely to serve two years as a Mormon missionary after his NRL career, rather than interrupt his playing days.

Folau has packed on 10kg and grown 4cm in the past 11 months. Despite his growing strength, he is staying level-headed and says he doesn't expect to play State-of-Origin this season.

His agent, Isaac Moses, has held informal talks with the Storm and says his client is happy in Melbourne.

"If everything across the board is satisfactory, including the terms of a new deal, I'm pretty sure Izzy will stay," he said.

HAHAH, Thought I'd post this for a laugh [icon_razz1 How things change aye ? :D
(this was 11th march im pretty sure)

You could've just posted it in the other Folau threads... [eusa_eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.