folau coming back to NRL

Folau coming back?. Oh no I have to deal with that bastard again in Origin, screw me. Was a joy to watch in Rugby League neverthless and good luck to him.

Izzy owes Brisbane. We never really got our money's worth IMO.

This Parra talk sux

Izzy owes Brisbane. We never really got our money's worth IMO.

This Parra talk sux

Did he need to average 2 tries a game to be worthwhile?

It would have been nice to have him for more than 2 years, but I think he was worth the money.

Did he need to average 2 tries a game to be worthwhile?

It would have been nice to have him for more than 2 years, but I think he was worth the money.

At the cost of:
- Boyd
- Civo
- Kemp
- Stagg
- Thorn
- Eastwood
- Ennis
- Moon
- Could argue Hunt too as no $$ to upgrade his contract.

Would have been nice to have him back at the Broncos to repay the faith

We've had the argument about how much impact Izzy had on the loss of those players, so we won't rehash it. However, I do agree that we probably deserved a bit more for the amount of money we threw at him basically because he asked to come.

Sure, he scored plenty of tries for us in his stint, but ultimately he then just walked when we were probably ready to charge to a premiership. I can't help wondering whether he would've added an extra edge in 2011...although Locky's injury would've happened regardless.

And had we had Izzy's potency out wide this season we might've compensated a bit for the lack of creativity in the halves - "kick it to Izzy" would've been a pretty successful default play.

But unless he wants to come to Brisbane saying "I want to play for you guys, don't have to pay me buckets" then he can keep on walking.

We've had the argument about how much impact Izzy had on the loss of those players, so we won't rehash it. However, I do agree that we probably deserved a bit more for the amount of money we threw at him basically because he asked to come.

Sure, he scored plenty of tries for us in his stint, but ultimately he then just walked when we were probably ready to charge to a premiership. I can't help wondering whether he would've added an extra edge in 2011...although Locky's injury would've happened regardless.

And had we had Izzy's potency out wide this season we might've compensated a bit for the lack of creativity in the halves - "kick it to Izzy" would've been a pretty successful default play.

But unless he wants to come to Brisbane saying "I want to play for you guys, don't have to pay me buckets" then he can keep on walking.

Dam straight it would have been awesome.

Imagine
1. Inglis
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Who gives a shit
6. Lockyer
7. Who gives a shit

Well NFW could we have fit Inglis, Hodges and Folau under the cap. I'm saying if Izzy had used his 2 year option with us we'd never have "signed" Inglis in the first place. So it would've been more like:

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Beale
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

That there is a premiership winning backline, even accounting for Wallace's mediocrity.

Geeze I thought Izzy was pretty good for us, especially in his last season. He was phenomenal when he really learned to throw his weight around.

Geeze I thought Izzy was pretty good for us, especially in his last season. He was phenomenal when he really learned to throw his weight around.

same, i was more than happy with what he did in his years with us. he will develop into a barnstorming centre who can outjump every winger in the game for bombs IMO.

Yeah, he was great. But it's no point forking out bucketloads having someone be great for 1-2 years if you don't win a premiership as a result.

we went close though. cant blame it on a winger for us not winning anyway (not that you are).

Last edited:
We should be going hard after Izzy. Hodges nearing the end and Yow Yeh a chance of not being very good. Our team lacks star power IMO. Izzy would bring some of that star power back.

We need a replacement for Gagai. I expect us to be a player on the open market over the next 18 months for a player of his ilk. We have nothing in-house.

Non-inclusive of retirements, he is the biggest loss of the last few years.

I'd love Folau back as an idea but I bet the practicality of it sucks. He left us to grab a bunch of cash... In another code. Gave up Origin for money, so as if he'd join us for anything but $$$ that we shouldn't be paying him.

Save the money for a half or fullback. I'd rather back Copley and Maranta than Norman or Hoffman (though still want I see more of Norman at the back)

we went close though. cant blame it on a winger for us not winning anyway (not that you are).

It's ironic now to think that it was an injury to Peter Wallace that sunk our 2009 campaign (oh and Henjak's inability to take a punt on Ben Hunt, Alex Glenn or anyone else rather than Lockyer at 7).

I'd love Folau back as an idea but I bet the practicality of it sucks. He left us to grab a bunch of cash... In another code. Gave up Origin for money, so as if he'd join us for anything but $$$ that we shouldn't be paying him.

Save the money for a half or fullback. I'd rather back Copley and Maranta than Norman or Hoffman (though still want I see more of Norman at the back)

Wish I could find those quotes from the peanut gallery that Folau ought to have been banned from Origin in 2010. I'm sure it was someone like Ross Livermore.

Someone just tell me that we are at least talking to Izzy???

Active Now

• Yem
  • Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Redux
  • Browny
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.