Football department salary cap

Just to be clear, I don't agree with moving of clubs, I think it's a cop out for new areas to get an old shitty club. But, in discussions, especially with Sydney folk, it's a softer blow to add 'relocation' into the mix.
I agree it's not an easy problem to solve either way you go.
If you kick them out you prob lose fans forever, even if the club eventually returns.

If you relocate you lose fans because it's no longer their side, it's a transplanted side and for the new city it's like you're getting someones left overs.

Obviously the ideal way forward is revenue share like the NFL does but that still brings up the resentment of some clubs doing the Lions share of the work to get the dollars while those that just ride on the coat tails of others are given no incentive to try any harder.

The game is professional, the administration and outlook of some clubs is still very semi pro.

(separate issue) the problem is if you say well **** it if you can't survive you don't belong, everyone loses in the end. i don't think a 6 team comp would make much money.

the nrl/top level rugby league doesn't and shouldn't operate on a free market basis because the system isn't akin to one, it's not as if any organisation can start up a new club and say hey guess what, we're now playing as the insert name here.

a better analogy is we're like an organism - we can survive if one or two things go but it's in our best interests to keep everything afloat, otherwise the domino effect will eventually kill us all.

Domino theory - need to go see communism history again there...

Or a club gets let to fail and rest realise they can’t do what they want without consequences...

I see where u are coming from and reason why willing to sit on even share revenue rather than actual earned share. But clubs have passed by or fallen and league goes on. Ask Newtown, Seagulls and Bears. Fans hate it but life happens. In fact it is necessary that weak clubs who can’t stay financial need to make way for new opportunities.

Where is Perth? Adelaide? Western Brisbane? In 20 years demographics will drastically change. A regulated market let’s NRL adapt rather than stagnate. Millions of untapped people while Sydney clubs get 6000 to a game...

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.