Football - Your club next season

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Ok the dust has yet to settle but just wondering what people want their team to do this offseason in retaining/offloading/recruiting new players.

At Barcelona I would love to see

Sold: Hleb, Gudjohnsen, Abidal
Recruit: David Silva, David Villa and Gael Clichy

It appears Bojan will be loaned out next term so the club needs another striker especially with Eto'os temperament and Villa would score such an insane amount of goals given his style and finishing at the top of the Barca formation, Silva to come in and replace Henry who if he doesn't go back to England (which he is apparently keen to because he misses his daughter) is getting older now anyways. Also Clichy for Abidal who did improve this season but has too many errors in his game and is getting on a bit as well and I rate Clichy very highly in the left fullback stakes, I think he is class. Central defense looks fine with Caceres to get more games, Pique coming on strongly and Marquez and Milito to come back in with Puyol to cover all the backline positions like he did so well this season. Midfield looks good and Keita deputised well for Xavi and Iniesta while Busquets did well filling in for Toure. Anyways regardless of who they bring in I just hope they don't get complacent and not bring in new faces to freshen the squad up and increase competition for places.

recruit: Ribery!!!!

Well next season might be a turning point in Sunderlands fortunes after so long as a below average and lets faceit, shitty club. American billionaire Ellis Short bought the club outright last night so we have a substantial amount of cash to splash around... this time hopefully its spent a bit more wise than with Keane.
First off we need a manager but I dunno who. I don't want Gordon Strachan, he basically has one team to beat every season. I'd expect him to bring a heap of old celtic washups with him. I dunno about Steve Bruce, he's a geordie but apparently he is keen on the move. If we are to become more successful over time he might be the manager who can make us a top 10 team.

As for players
Out -
Nyron Nosworthy, Dean Whitehead, Carlos Edwards, Darren Ward, Michael Chopra(on loan to Cardiff, just get rid of him already), Trevor Carson, Jean-Yves M'voto, Paul McShane, David Connolly, Anthony Stokes, Nick Colgan, Arnau Riera, Roy O'Donovan, Craig Gordon (Maybe.. I'm yet to see him have a good run of form to be honest)

In (Purely a wish list lol.. apparently this yank bloke has a bit of cash he wants us to spend... so why not go nuts :P) -
Jussi Jaaskelainen (I dunno how we could pry him away, but an established classy goalkeeper like him would be great. Incidentally, if Bolton didn't have him in goals I think they would be heading straight to the championship), David Wheater, Julio Arca, Kevin Nolan, David Bentley, Adam Johnson, Niko Kranjcar, Darren Bent, Kevin Doyle

----------------Jaaskelainen -----------------
Bardsley--Ferdinand--Wheater--McCartney
Bentley------Nolan----Kranjcar---Richardson
---------------Jones-----Bent------------------

Fulop
Davenport
Collins
Tanio
Malbranque
Arca
Doyle

Soooo basically I've taken the players I think are decent who we could realistically get our hands on and restructured the team around them [icon_razz1 I can dream haha

Forest - I am hoping for a boring season of total mid table mediocrity. We need to build a squad of players capable of taking a shot at the top 6 in coming seasons as we have zero depth at the moment. We need to strengthen in most areas goalkeeper/full backs/wingers/striker. We got some decent players in on loan last season that would do a job in the CCC Blackstock/Anderson/Gunter who we should target to buy.

For Liverpool I'm hoping they pick up Glen Johnson to play RB, although Arbeloa has been good his pushing up the right is average and is giving some terrible crosses in. Want them to play Agger/Skrtel centre partnership more this year as Carra is getting on and I believe they are our future in that position.

We need to pick-up a quality player who can play mostly out on the left-wing but also cover for Torres if (God forbid) he is injured. Babel has no heart (talent he does) and Ngog isn't ready yet. We really need to be able to break down teams who park the bus on us, maybe someone like Silva. Apparently we are chasing Lavezzi from Napoli who looks the goods and is insanely quick. Good at getting around his man and delivering quality ball in the box. Not sure how them covering for Torres would go- perhaps that's where Tevez would be a good buy.

I WANT Liverpool to hold onto Alonso unless we are given an offer too good to refuse in which case get Barry in to partner up with Masch. Really want Lucas to put his hand up this year- he has the potential.

Would like a line up of

-----------------Reina-----------------------
Johnson--Agger--Skrtel--Aurelio/Insua
-------------Masch--------------------------
-------------------Alonso--------------------
--------------Gerrard------------------------
-----Kuyt-------------------Lavazzi/Silva/Tevez--
---------------Torres------------------------

GET IN

the seasons not over yet, still the biggest game of the year to go!!

ronnyd said:
the seasons not over yet, still the biggest game of the year to go!!

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Mal's pretty much covered everything, but i'll do my own version anyway because i'm heaps awesome. [icon_razz1

Outgoing
- Hopefully Voronin is sold for around 3m or 4m.
- Dossena could be on his way back to Italy for around 7/8m.
- Arbeloa has been linked with a return to Spain. We'd make a tidy profit if he did leave.
- Wouldn't surprise me to see Degen go.
- The rumours won't go away that Alonso could be headed for Real Madrid if Perez is elected. I desperately do not want that to happen, but if it does materialise, 25m is the absolute minimum i'll accept.
- I'd rather give Babel another season, but it looks increasingly likely he'll be sold. I'd expect 7-11m for him.
- Leto will be sold if he can't get a permit after his season with Olympiakos.

Incoming

- Javi Martinez is being very heavily linked. Definitely something in it IMO especially if Alonso is sold. From what i know, he's tall, strong and a dynamic kind of midfielder. Not a like for like replacement with Alonso by any means. I'd be happy if we signed him.
- Gareth Barry will most likely sign regardless of what happens to Alonso.
- Tevez supposedly wants to stay in the north west of England. Leaves Citeh and us to fight it out for his signature. Not sure we have the funds TBH. A few Spanish clubs are keen on him as well. Could all be a smokescreen. No idea on that front.
- We've allegedly had a bid for Lavezzi turned down. He'd be a cracking signing in my book.
- Silva is a bit of a pickle. Rafa is a massive admirer, but from what i've heard he's only willing to pay 15m for him. So Silva will either have to make it known that Liverpool is the only club he'll move to, or we'll see him at Barca i reckon.
- Daniel Pranjic looks rather close to signing. He's a Croatian. Left winger playing in Holland, 27 years of age. Had a shit hot season. Fee of around 7m being touted.
- I don't think Glen Johnson will sign now that Portsmouth have been taken over. I think he'd be a decent signing though, provided the price wasn't extortianate which it usually is for English players.

I think that just about covers it. We've been linked with Wheater and Downing but i don't think anything will come of it.

god i hope Lavezzi stays in Italy, as i hope Tevez leaves England. Would be great to see him at Milan or Juve or something

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.