NEWS Former PUPs united against Paul White

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Glenn Lazarus can't see any reason for Paul White to hang around any longer:

“The CEO and the board, they’ve had a shocker ... and need a good look at themselves. Paul White hasn’t really put himself out there in recent months to answer the tough questions. He has gone missing in action, I don’t know why, maybe it’s because he is leaving, but it’s time for him to move on now and get a CEO in to freshen the joint up and make some tough calls to the organisation."

“I am disappointed for the club as a whole, there are blokes being selfish and breaking COVID rules. They are having massive fade-outs during games and the end result is embarrassing for the club and everyone associated with it. The Broncos have become a circus and it has become hard to watch. Sadly, I don’t think it will end anytime soon. I don’t see them turning their form around and they could finish the season with the wooden spoon which would be a total embarrassment.

“Paul White won’t be there next year and the Broncos are in the process of finding a new CEO. Ben Ikin keeps being touted as the next CEO but to be honest, the change can’t come quickly enough. If Paul White won’t be there next year to help get this club out of the massive hole it’s in, leaving sooner rather than later is the best thing for the club. They have shown they can’t fix things so the club should get some fresh faces in to rebuild the club, starting with the CEO. I can’t believe the club has got into this state, it’s totally bewildering.”

Honeyview kerrod glen pd4v3tovfp5hl8mlsl2 t1880

Once a hooker

His former senate ticket mate Kerrod Walters echoes the party position:

“They need to get a new CEO appointed ASAP and some direction back in the club, at the moment it’s terrible. They’ve got to try and get something out of this year. Whether it’s a new CEO or they do something with the coach, something has got to be done sooner rather than later. We haven’t seen much of Paul in the media and he is leaving so he should not be part of a review."

“There will be a lot of people wanting the Broncos’ CEO job so they should get some good candidates and a cracker person to take over. They need to be involved moving forward along with the board. They need to make an appointment sooner rather than later. We have to start going forward, we can’t keep going backwards. The further back we go the longer it is to come back. If we make some changes now it won’t be such a steep hill to climb.”

“It does hurt, it’s terrible. I watch every game. I still support and love the Broncos. I feel for the current squad, they must be hurting. They are a chance of coming last and no Broncos team has ever got the wooden spoon. I didn’t think it was possible based on the strength of the club and resources they have. The current Broncos situation is unacceptable. It should never happen. It’s mind boggling to think that’s where we are. For such a great club we should be the benchmark of the NRL. Now we’re the easybeats. It’s unbelievable.”

McHunt

Chairman of the Broncos Old Boys Association, Chris Johns scoffs at suggestions his fellow old fellas are plotting the downfall of Anthony Seibold, but admits he does want to make the Broncos Great Again:

“That’s absolute garbage, total garbage. There is no way we would ever do that. As Old Boys, all we care about is the Broncos winning footy games and hoping the club can be successful again. “If we are being critical, it’s only because we care about the club and want the Broncos to win premierships. I head up the Old Boys and there’s no way I would support that. In fact, I’ve spoken to a group of Old Boys and we will be rounding up a group to attend this week’s game against the Dragons.”

McHunt

Chairman of the Broncos Old Boys Association, Chris Johns scoffs at suggestions his fellow old fellas are plotting the downfall of Anthony Seibold, but admits he does want to make the Broncos Great Again:

“That’s absolute garbage, total garbage. There is no way we would ever do that. As Old Boys, all we care about is the Broncos winning footy games and hoping the club can be successful again. “If we are being critical, it’s only because we care about the club and want the Broncos to win premierships. I head up the Old Boys and there’s no way I would support that. In fact, I’ve spoken to a group of Old Boys and we will be rounding up a group to attend this week’s game against the Dragons.”

McHunt

That last part is pretty good.

Doubling down now, no mincing words here. Seibold must be sacked.

Lazarus:

“For the sake of the club’s future, he has to go now. I understand Seibold has a long-term contract and I’m sure it would be hard to walk away from that. We are talking about a lot of money, but looking from the outside-in, his coaching style just hasn’t worked at the club. They aren’t getting better. As someone who wants to see the Broncos at the other end of the table, where they belong, I would like to see Seibold leave now and let someone come in to start turning the joint around.

“The most important change for the club right now is a change of coach. Anthony might be a good coach at another club, I don‘t know, but his style of coaching isn’t working with this group of players. All the drama this season played a role in David Fifita leaving to join the Titans and Seibold has to take some responsibility for that. I cannot believe the mighty Broncos are in wooden-spoon territory. It is beyond comprehension. This has been a winning club from day one when they flogged Manly the defending premiers in 1988. They have rarely missed the semi-finals. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result.

“The club cannot recover under Anthony Seibold.”

Kerrod Walters:

“It’s a difficult situation. I couldn’t imagine Anthony predicted the situation he’d be in now when he first signed with the Broncos. The amount of media focus and social-media thing, I feel for his family. They don’t need to go through that. It’s not a good time for Anthony but at the end of the day it’s a results-driven business and we need some results ASAP.

“If they do decide to make a coaching change they need to do it now rather than the end of the year. It will give a new coach time to work with the current squad and assess what he wants. There could be players becoming available that we miss out on because they don’t know what’s going to happen with the coach.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Keep it coming, line up Thorn, Webcke, Hodges and Parker next with similar words to heap on the pressure.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.