Forum Censorship

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Why would I want to use BHQ to help expand my vocabulary? It's not an important email trail at work or a selection criteria for a job. It's supposed to be a relaxed, easy going, discussion forum where we can put our feet up and not have to worry so much about how we type. (So long as it's not sms talk...)
QFT

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
And you were so much better. Haha.

I thought my responses were fine, but if you're not happy with them, bugger off. I've been more than fair with you.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
Yep flogging the dead horse. I apologise.

But it just goes to show how UNNAPROACHABLE the BHQ admins are these days. One line answers, refusing to answer legitimate questions and smart arse comments, yep all the quality traits of a good admin team. Fair dinkum.
Pretty clear you like to get your own way... It's like watching a toddlers temper tantrum with you. Just let it go. :smile:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Pretty clear you like to get your own way... It's like watching a toddlers temper tantrum with you. Just let it go. :smile:
This times the number that represents the always expanding size of the universe.

These concerns WILL be discussed between the admins.

While I'm at it, sure, the admins don't do a lot of discussion in public with the users. Myself and Coxy do purely to calm things down a little bit. However in this instance it seems that anything I have to say, Rocky doesn't really bother reading, or just doesn't listen. That's his choice.

However, everyone needs to realise that the admin team are very active in the Admin Forums, which are hidden from the general users of the site for obvious reasons. This will be discussed, but any final decision will not be made until we start our review over the off-season.

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Must be good to know someone can't return the &quot; #### ass #### &quot; without a warning right? <br />
<br />
You added nothing to the discussion at all, Coxy and Nashy at least debated the point and also listened to what myself and Rocky had to say.
<br />
<br />
Man you crack me up, seriously, "you adds nothing.... NOTHING!" hahaha good to see you can tell when someones taking the piss. And FYI, I did add to it, just not publicly, I approached said othe admins and gave them instructions on how to handle the situation. Just cause you don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. But hey we can play it your way if you want, rules followed casual approach, rule breakers dealt with. Heck I might even take Shauns advice and go back to the old "me" and just ban people that are blights on this site. Thanks for the heads up.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
You guys actually do a review over the off season?? That is pretty cool.
For the past 2 years we have had an opinion survey which is taken very seriously. Even if people accuse me of not putting all the details to the admin team, we all have access to your comments. We just don't know who's they are.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
<br />
<br />
Man you crack me up, seriously, "you adds nothing.... NOTHING!" hahaha good to see you can tell when someones taking the piss. And FYI, I did add to it, just not publicly, I approached said othe admins and gave them instructions on how to handle the situation. Just cause you don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. But hey we can play it your way if you want, rules followed casual approach, rule breakers dealt with. Heck I might even take Shauns advice and go back to the old "me" and just ban people that are blights on this site. Thanks for the heads up.
Just like anywhere, I can only judge on what I see. What i saw was a "Hmmm no" from you and nothing else, to me it looked like you added nothing.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Yes, it's not that big a deal, and yes, the majority of the users should decide.
Having said that, I totally agree with gUt's point.

IMO, this forum is or should be for mates who support the Broncos and enjoy debating their favorite club's news, amongst other subjects.
The rules should then also be the same as when you're at the pub having a beer and talking to your mates about whatever you like to talk.

Of course there is a degree of politeness required as this is a public forum, and I don't see the need for the f, c or t words. And if I really want to show I am furious about something I'll just swear like this: :ranting:
Words like sh!t however, can't really understand their censorship...

As for the admins, I agree most with schmix: Only say something if it actually adds value! :finger:

Seriously though, there is more annoying stuff going on in this forum where the admins should intervene... :rolleyes:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I find some of the things said in this thread a bit ridiculous, but I guess you can't please everyone.

BHQ is full of adult people, there shouldn't even need to be a moderation team - but there is - because some people can't help themselves.

Likewise, there's a word censor. Just because there's some vocal people in this thread against the word censor, it doesn't necessarily mean there's other people out there who aren't in favour of it.

Nashy's taken on board your suggestions and come to a compromise, you're lucky he's such a nice guy. Be grateful for the work he does in maintaining the forum.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Nashy's taken on board your suggestions and come to a compromise, you're lucky he's such a nice guy. Be grateful for the work he does in maintaining the forum.
Not sure anyone would argue against the work he does, It's just the way some of it's been done that is being debated.

I will go on record of being happy with the compromise he made but as long as normal words don't have censored parts in the middle I'm fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyHurst

Members online

Twitter