Forum Censorship

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Since f*** with an ARK gets censored because people use it to get around the censorship.. Shouldn't cox be censored as well since it's generally used to get around the censorship of c##ks? :cheesy:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm also with gUt.

I'm happy with the compromise though, the only thing I still don't agree with is the word sh1t being censored. It's such a casual word there's no need for it to be censored.

How many people actually find the word sh1t offensive? Every Tom, Dick and Harry uses the word sh1t as part of general conversation.

It REALLY doesn't concern me much, if there's some **** then so ####ing be it but I'm just giving my opinion as part of the BHQ community as a few admins mentioned that most people don't care, etc.

If it is changed or not it wouldn't bother me either way just adding my 2cents.

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Every Tom, Dick and Harry uses the word sh1t as part of general conversation.
I'm surprised the word dick isn't censored given F with an ARK is.

It's really not all that hard to make a post without using swear words in it. I reckon I'd want to swear in mine about 1% of the time. That said, sometimes a swear word is the most fitting option IMO. Like, "man, what a sh!t call". Sure I could say "bad call", but I think the first adjective better conveys how bad I think the call really was.

On the admins etc., there seems to be quite a bit of emphasis from the forum admins on increasing not just the quality of the forum but also the number of registered users. For the most part I think they've done a good job (Nashy in particular has seemed to me to be working quite hard), and the crackdown on baiting has been the best thing this place has done (though some exchanges between certain users are still just adequately disguised insults). Now I'm just guessing here, but it feels to me like this censoring is so as not to deter anyone from signing up/leaving etc? In doing so though, perhaps there's an inadvertent affect of existing users feeling like what makes BHQ a fun place to begin with is being taken away? Like I said, I'm just guessing as to the intentions here, but that's how it's coming across to me.

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I think it's just knuckledraggers who can't go 2 sentences without swearing having a cry about nothing.
Nailed it.

Ari made a good point, sometimes swearing has its place, but really... there's a bazillion different words out there you can choose from to express yourself. Expand your vocabulary BHQ!

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well that is my only gripe, I don't think sh1t is a word deserving of being censored but meh if the admins decide so, then so be it. As long as we don't get bans for saying sh1t because a lot of the time in live game chat it's one of the best words to use, lol.

gUt

NRL Player
Nailed it.

Ari made a good point, sometimes swearing has its place, but really... there's a bazillion different words out there you can choose from to express yourself. Expand your vocabulary BHQ!
The irony being that if words are restricted then by definition it's reducing the available ####ing word ####ing choices.

We all need a heady cocktail of bastarding words so as to not ###### our conversation.

The main thing I am getting out of this thread is the chance to be a smart arse. I am highly amusing to myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyHurst

Members online

Twitter