/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I had it on mute. I couldn't stand Gus.

I'll never understand why people leave a game early. You pay a lot of money and in Brissy, the public transport is great. I stayed to the end of that game and so glad I did, the crowd left buzzing!

Outside of the Bulldogs/Titans games at the double-header, I've never left a game early. Unfortunately it was just majority rules and I had to bite the bullet. In a round-a-bout way, it made the 'Tate meme' that much better.

Let's snap back to the present. Mal has weaved his magic once again, after a couple of lean years from the Australians, they've regained their throne in convincing fashion. On one hand, the victory can be put down to the usual suspects for Mal - Smith, JT, Cronk, GI, Boyd, Scott etc. but the big stand-outs were the efforts from Ferguson, Cordner, Merrin & Klemmer. There have been series where Australia has done just enough without certain parts working in the side, this time around it wasn't the case. Even up and comers like Shannon Boyd, Valentine Holmes and Tyson Frizell stood up for Australia.

The key for Australia moving forward is that they'll have to evolve. As promising as they were in the back-half of the tournament, there still seemed to some issues with their fluidity and despite winning the Man of the Match award, Boyd continued to struggle with his outside men in Dugan & Ferguson. A few passes, particularly in the second half failed to find the mark and Australia simply have better threats at the back. Darius well and truly earned his opportunity to play for Australia being among the best in State of Origin and Club (Easily Top 20 of 2016) but I don't think he has another gear left in him as others do.

Outside of the Bulldogs/Titans games at the double-header, I've never left a game early. Unfortunately it was just majority rules and I had to bite the bullet. In a round-a-bout way, it made the 'Tate meme' that much better.

Let's snap back to the present. Mal has weaved his magic once again, after a couple of lean years from the Australians, they've regained their throne in convincing fashion. On one hand, the victory can be put down to the usual suspects for Mal - Smith, JT, Cronk, GI, Boyd, Scott etc. but the big stand-outs were the efforts from Ferguson, Cordner, Merrin & Klemmer. There have been series where Australia has done just enough without certain parts working in the side, this time around it wasn't the case. Even up and comers like Shannon Boyd, Valentine Holmes and Tyson Frizell stood up for Australia.

The key for Australia moving forward is that they'll have to evolve. As promising as they were in the back-half of the tournament, there still seemed to some issues with their fluidity and despite winning the Man of the Match award, Boyd continued to struggle with his outside men in Dugan & Ferguson. A few passes, particularly in the second half failed to find the mark and Australia simply have better threats at the back. Darius well and truly earned his opportunity to play for Australia being among the best in State of Origin and Club (Easily Top 20 of 2016) but I don't think he has another gear left in him as others do.

Do you think Tedesco will soon become better option for Australia at fullback?

Moylan, Tedesco, Munster, Trbojevic...

Mitchell and Ponga if we're looking long term.

Don't get me wrong, it's Darius' jersey so the others are going to have to step it up if they want to take the jersey off of him. However, his play was far from consistent and it prevented Australia from capitilising on opportunities they should have taken.

Damn NSW will have a really nice looking backline in a few years if they play their cards right. Bird and Aitken in the centers too.

It bodes well for the Kangaroos but QLD might have a job on their hands come origin time.

My bad folks, the game is actually on Channel 9!

I've had Heartbeat on for the past 20 minutes wondering what the hell is going on. :laugh:

Well that's just great! I recorded the game and managed to avoid the score all day. I go to watch the it and what do I get? Heartbeat and friggen Up Periscope! Well done Nein :-(

@Big Pete

Not sure if you're interested, but some 2005 Tri-Nations games were uploaded to youtube.

Here is one between Australia and Great Britain.

The quality isn't great, but very watchable.

A 720p version of the 2008 WC Final was also uploaded by the same guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
And also an old test match from 2003 between Great Britain and Australia.

And also an old test match from 2003 between Great Britain and Australia.

That was an awesome test series in 2003. I know we won 3-0 but the Poms could've won all 3 games and every game went down to the wire.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.