Four Nations Week 1

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Match #1
Saturday 25th of October, 4:00pm (Queensland Time), Suncorp Stadium

ENG-LUteams.png

1. Sam Tomkins 2. Josh Charnley 3. Kallum Watkins 4. Michael Shenton 5. Ryan Hall 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Matty Smith 8. George Burgess 9. Josh Hodgson 10. James Graham (c) 11. Liam Farrell 12. Joel Tomkins 13. Joe Westerman

Interchange: 14. Daryl Clark 15. Brett Ferres 16. Tom Burgess 17. Chris Hill

SAM-LUteams.png

1. Tim Simona 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Ricky Leutele 4. Joey Leilua 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Ben Roberts 7. Kyle Stanley 8. Sam Tagataese 9. Michael Sio 10. David Fa'alogo 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Leeson Ah Mau 13. Josh McGuire

Interchange: 14. Pita Godinet 15. Jesse Sene-Lafeo 16. Isaac Liu 17. Mose Masoe 18. Dunamis Lui

Match #2
Saturday 25th of October, 6:30pm (Queensland Time), Suncorp Stadium

AUS-LUteams.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Josh Mansour 3. Michael Jennings 4. Dylan Walker 5. Daniel Tupou 6. Daly Cherry-Evans 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Sam Thaiday 11. Beau Scott 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Greg Bird

Interchange: 14. Robbie Farah 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Josh Papalii 17. Corey Parker 18. Boyd Cordner 19. David Klemmer 20. Sione Mata'utia

NZL-LUteams.png

1. Peta Hiku 2. Jason Nightingale 3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 4. Dean Whare 5. Gerard Beale 6. Kieran Foran 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Thomas Leuluai 10. Adam Blair 11. Simon Mannering (c) 12. Kevin Proctor 13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Martin Taupau 17. Tohu Harris 18. Suaia Matagi

Last edited:
Tautau Moga, Reni Maitua and Sauaso Sue not considered due to the integrity unit's investigation of last week's incident.

I'm excited to have some footy on my telly.

Should be a fun competition.

Last edited:
Woods is the only specialized prop in the Aus team, and he barely qualifies. Farrah on the bench is just incredible, we need another forward on there to help with our lack of size. Parker should be starting lock, Scott shouldn't be in the team. We might get done here.

We won't get done.

NZ have injury concerns of their own. They are weakened, as well. Australia won't lose.

Last edited:
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been ruled out of the Four Nations.

Beale comes onto the wing to replace him with Hoffman joining the squad.

Both players are far better anyway. He gets it "right" by complete accident. I can't believe this asshole is still part of our coaching staff.

Both players are far better anyway. He gets it "right" by complete accident. I can't believe this asshole is still part of our coaching staff.

I'm not sure they are better than DWZ... They both think they are though

As a proud Kiwi, who would be on your wing b4l?

As a proud Kiwi, who would be on your wing b4l?

Churr bro good question. If DWZ was available I would have him and Hoffman on the wing. Don't rate nightingale tbh. But with DWZ out I would have Florence and hoffdog

Is Manu injured? Or just out of favour?

Is Manu injured? Or just out of favour?

They said Beale was the preferred option when the opposition was taken in to account. Meaning Manu is a gun, but they can't risk the dropsies.

They said Beale was the preferred option when the opposition was taken in to account. Meaning Manu is a gun, but they can't risk the dropsies.

they need to risk him if they want to beat the aussies. if he has a bad game we might rack up a score but if he is on they might pull out an upset. plenty to lose but even more to gain by knocking us off for the kiwis

they need to risk him if they want to beat the aussies. if he has a bad game we might rack up a score but if he is on they might pull out an upset. plenty to lose but even more to gain by knocking us off for the kiwis

I tend to agree. There's nothing like a Beast kick return.

44 000 tickets have been sold and they're expecting a crowd of 50 000.

Once again, Brisbane does it's bit to support Rugby League.

As far as this weekend is concerned, I was considering going to the game, but Jarryd Hayne pulling out and going to the NFL was the final straw. Without Slater, JT, SBW - it was already a tough sell but Hayne just gave everyone the impression that this was the B squad (which to an extent it is) and I think they're over Rugby League at this point.

Looking forward to the matches and I'm going to make it my job to follow this tournament.

As for the opening game, it will be interesting to see what sort of reception Samoa gets at Suncorp. I'd imagine they'll be the fan favourites going in, especially with Josh McGuire locking the scrum base and as a Broncos fan, I'm excited to see how he goes against the Burgess boys and Graham. Unfortunately, I think that brawl on the eve of the match will likely cruel their chances and I can see England scoring a comfortable victory in a high scoring contest.

I reckon the Kiwis are actually a good chance of upsetting the Australians. Kangaroos are fielding one of their weakest line-ups in sometime and will be vulnerable, especially if they go in with any sort of arrogance. I reckon this will be a tight, frustrating sort of game where the Aussies just manage to kick clear late as the Kiwis struggle to replace Luke.

Disappointed to hear you decided not to attend Petey. Feel free if u change your mind to meet up for a beverage beforehand. Lookin forward to the 2 games and also think NZ are a real chance.

I'll be there with Harry Sack... we might take you up on that offer FIH! :wink:

Thanks so much for the offer Porty! I already feel a bit of a looser going by myself so let's hope we see some great games and have lots of stories from the day /night to tell back here at BHQ! Hope u fullas have fun too!

Active Now

• john1420
  • Stix
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.