Four Nations Week 1

Against the Roosters where everyone remembers his bad blue off the kick off.

Most of the front rowers in the game must be pillows then. Woods averaged 146 meters, 29 tackles and 15 runs a game this year and broke 31 tackles, made 5 linebreaks and made 34 offloads. Kennedy didn't even come close to that and barely made a half of that.

Woods is one of the best young up and coming props in the game that will be a mainstray in NSW and Australian squads in the future whilst Kennedy on the other hand is a nothing but a fat benchie who just played 1 good game against a Tigers park side and everyone went nuts for. Will never understand why so many on here were so thrilled at signing him. I also would believe that Michael Morgon is far more overrated than what Woods is.

He's a pillow because he doesn't run or tackle hard. It has nothing to do with stats

He was making some strong hard runs last night I thought. That is garbage to say that he is ovverated he has been making 150 meters and around 15+ runs and 30+ tackles with a few offloads on a weekly basis for 3 years and already boasts an impressive resume at the age of 23.

So what @Porthoz stats tell us that if we start Kennedy and give him 60 minutes a game, he'll be an origin standard player, or close to it.

He had a self proclaimed bad season and his numbers per game still weren't THAT bad, maybe we're making a mistake in shopping him around before he gets a proper chance under a good coach.

I've never been so 50/50 on two players in my life, no idea if they're good or not (Barba, Kennedy)

Great post, completely agree.

You know it's a bad night at the footy when the highlight of the night is the smoking hot blonde sitting a few rows in front...

I can't really add a whole lot that hasn't been said already, the Kiwis just wanted it more. A few of our players got found out and were rightly targeted for the rest of the night. The loss of Inglis and DCE obviously hurt, but we were in trouble well before that IMO. Carrying only 1 prop.....who was on debut......pure Sheenius. I'm unsure why Sheens even bothered to pick Klemmer. That was always going to be the most physical game and we needed our big bodies up front.

I've been watching the replay of the England vs Samoa game, and one thing is for sure.

Matt Thompson should never commentate another game at this level or NRL.

It's bad the amount of things he got wrong. One of those calling the Four Nations the Tri-Nations...

Wow, it's not in the NRL website calendar...

Four Nations

I thought the winner was determined by the results and F/A of all the games in between them, but fair enough.

When in the history of anything Rugby League would they decide to use a ladder to decide anything when they could instead milk a finals match out of something?

I've never seen the wisdom of choosing players who play in dominant teams yet aren't the dominant players in that team. It's basically the Storm principle - many players are made to look better than they are simply because of the players around them. To me, Woods is a good selection, he's a standout in an otherwise unremarkable pack. And he doesn't look good just in comparison, but he has single-handedly dominated opposition packs. I can even make a case for Beau Scott, even though he is a cowardly cheap-shot merchant. Guerra on the other hand has only looked good in his rep career when Inglis has been outside him as his decoy. Without JWH, SBW, Moa etc at the Roosters, he'd be nothing. I have the same reservations about Cordner but I do believe he's better than Guerra. Mansour I believe deserves his spot, as he is one of the reasons the Panthers are successful. He makes plenty of metres (he's a rare workhorse winger like Vidot) and breaks huge amounts of tackles - and he does it single-handedly, not just because he's behind a massive pack who give him space. I think we may be seeing problems with Walker, and will do similarly if Alex Johnson plays. They're both great finishers, and fast as buggery, but we all know what happened to Souths of they didn't dominate posession - they were basically useless and were like butter defensively. Walker I know was out of position for much of the game, but even at centre he wasn't very convincing.

And I guess if you look at the rep career of DCE, it may well be a similar case. We'll get a pretty good preview of his stand-alone worth when he plays behind a depleted Manly team next year.

I don't even know who I would name for the second game though, as Sheens' squad, as has been said by others, is horribly imbalanced.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • MasterWright
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.