Fourth Test - Australia vs India - SCG

Unfortunately for Burns I don't think he's done enough to get himself onto the next tour. When you factor in that Shaun Marsh ended the series well and that Clarke and Mitch Marsh are due to return and Watson's dead rubber contributions have also bought him another year I don't see any spot for him unless there are injuries.

Rogers will obviously retire after the Ashes so maybe that can be Burns' chance. Probably between him and Cowan on current form, but there's a lot of time between then and now.

Unfortunately for Burns I don't think he's done enough to get himself onto the next tour. When you factor in that Shaun Marsh ended the series well and that Clarke and Mitch Marsh are due to return and Watson's dead rubber contributions have also bought him another year I don't see any spot for him unless there are injuries.

Rogers will obviously retire after the Ashes so maybe that can be Burns' chance. Probably between him and Cowan on current form, but there's a lot of time between then and now.

That is the way I see it playing out unfortunately. Watson, Clarke and both the Marsh boys are prone to injury so a spot may open up for Burns through that avenue. With luck the selectors forget about Watson because it is time IMO. Burns is a real chance to be the guy who replaces Rogers IMO.

Terrible series for the bowlers.with the pitches provided, just look at the averages. But I do agree we've found a goodun in hazelwood. I can see a long future for him. Warner has continued to rise Smith is one out of the box, Now world class. We now have enough to build a new team around. We need a new keeper soon and will have Pattinson and Cummins to take over the bowling from harris and Johnson. Spots for top 6 batsmen available in the next few years.

That is the way I see it playing out unfortunately. Watson, Clarke and both the Marsh boys are prone to injury so a spot may open up for Burns through that avenue. With luck the selectors forget about Watson because it is time IMO. Burns is a real chance to be the guy who replaces Rogers IMO.

You'd like to think so. I have this really funny feeling that it will go to Jordan Silk.

You'd like to think so. I have this really funny feeling that it will go to Jordan Silk.
He is a chance but would need to start scoring runs. I am sure Silk got dropped from the Tassie Shield side this year.

That is actually what you implied.

So 'any decent level' automatically implies professional does it??

you two might want to go and take in some high grade & lower level regional representative cricket, plenty of decent cricketers and decent cricket played there

Last edited:
He is a chance but would need to start scoring runs. I am sure Silk got dropped from the Tassie Shield side this year.

He's played all five games this year- poorly though.

207 runs at 25.

He batted well against the Indians in the warm up game but that is about the only bright spot for him this season.

He is not even close to Test selection.

Batting well in big tour games or Shield finals will count a lot though. I don't at all agree with it but Doolan basically got a baggy green because he had a good game against South Africa.

Batting well in big tour games or Shield finals will count a lot though. I don't at all agree with it but Doolan basically got a baggy green because he had a good game against South Africa.

You're right, selectors do view the final as the unoffical Test and Silk's 108 batting all day was impressive- as much as it hurts.

Faulkner took runs and wickets too in that game and it brought his name forward.

The Shield Final has traditionally done that. Langer made big runs in the '92 decider, Gilchrist '96, Siddle took 9 wickets on a pitch with nothing for him in '08. All made their international debuts within 12 months.

But you need to back it up or be picked straight away, two years later and Silk is still struggling.

Last edited:
You're right, selectors do view the final as the unoffical Test and Silk's 108 batting all day was impressive- as much as it hurts.

Faulkner took runs and wickets too in that game and it brought his name forward.

The Shield Final has traditionally done that. Langer made big runs in the '92 decider, Gilchrist '96, Siddle took 9 wickets on a pitch with nothing for him in '08. All made their international debuts within 12 months.

But you need to back it up or be picked straight away, two years later and Silk is still struggling.

Anyone with a neck like that will struggle imo.

Active Now

• LGH
  • Organix
  • Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Rookie Alan
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Manifesto
  • BruiserMk1
  • Redux
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bronx48
  • Galah
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.