Foxtel HD

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So the Warriors v. Broncos game is not only being broadcast over the HD channels. It's actually being filmed in it. Anyone who knows anything about awesomeness will know that this is the awesome that makes awesomeness exist.

If you've ever seen Foxtel HD and sit in awe at the quality of those shitty US sports. Apparently the quality of Sky NZ for the NRL is better.

Yes.. BETTER! I know... awesome.

/Excitement

"apparently" ? So who did you hear that off? The magical gnome that visited you in your sleep last night? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be, the USA are best at everything and they seem to make sure of it. If it was in fact better, the USA would have bombed the problem by now. The problem being NZ.

And only a nerd like you could get so excited about the picture being so awesome that it has micro-negative maxi-ultra left-arm over the wicket pixely bits you can't even bloody see.

But in summary, yeah, sounds pretty awesome.

I watch the footy on Nine HD. That's good enough for me!

God bless Media Center...

I'm going to someone else's house to watch the foozeballs on the cable tvs.

Hey Nashy, how much extra are the HD channels on Foxtel, I am thinking about getting them?

I think it's $10/month for the IQ2, and then about $15/month or something for the HD channels.

Thanks mate, I think I might have to make the investment. :)

HD on foxtel is such a rip off, considering free to air is all HD nowadays lol

Last I checked ABC, 7, 9 and 10 wern't broadcasting Discovery, Nat Geo, Foxsports and ESPN.

I could be wrong though?

They still broadcast 3 HD NRL games a week, for free, much better than the 0 that foxtel show us, when we are already paying $55 a month

I didn't get it for NRL. I got it for Docos.

i got it solely for nrl lol, so having to pay an extra $25 just to get it in HD is a total ripoff, it would being the cost to $80 a month lol.

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
HD on foxtel is such a rip off, considering free to air is all HD nowadays lol

+1

Like I said, only a rip off if you got it for NRL only. I don't think it's a ripoff, I watch to Docos all the time (when I get the stupid cow off the TV)

That's fine, but I doubt anyone's going to rush out and get Foxtel HD for one game this weekend, unless like you they like HD documentaries AND have a TV that makes it worth having 1080i resolution (I'm assuming Foxtel HD doesn't broadcast in 1080p).

Most LCD and plasmas people own still only support 1366x768 (thus 720p) resolution, so Full HD is rather meaningless.

Just saying..........

Pffft. What losers DON'T have a TV capable of that! :-p

Anyway, this was in no way a post to tell people to get Foxtel. This was simply me, being over-excited that I will see it in full 1080i HD.

And being a fat nerd. /thread

:P

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.