Full strength lineup round 1 2020

with all these team lists being discussed seems no-one wants to be bothered to include Jesse Arthurs at all..

Did we poach him to play Q-cup or something..?

If not...then he has to fit in their somewhere next season...

many people probably don't know enough about him to warrant including him in their team lists. i certainly don't.

While Dearden didn’t do any wrong during his stint, especially for his age and experience level, what exactly did people see in his NrL games that have him being so talked up?

I’m not being negative, I like him as a player but I don’t remember any great kicks, or line breaks, no slick passes that creates overlaps or lead to line breaks or tries. He didn’t show any great footwork nor speed. He defended admirably for a little fella but he still got dragged around until reinforcements would help him. Definitely didn’t hit as hard as the similar sized Turpin.

We all agree Turpin isn’t a half yet Turpin has shown far more in his few games at 7 than Dearden did. Again, I like Dearden I just haven’t seen anything too exciting from him.
They all get talked up in the media and people start to believe what they read I think
[automerge]1563596604[/automerge]

Last edited:
Y'all are sleeping on Rhys Kennedy. The guy is a beast!

My wishful thinking lineup

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako/Coates/Farnworth
6. SOS
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Glenn
13. Flegler

14. Segeyaro
15. Offa
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan/Kennedy
What are you doing with Gillo?

I was very meh about his signing, because I'd never heard of him, but he does have a bit of go about him. Looks promising imo.

really tall looking bugger also....haven't had that kind of height in the front row since Thorn..

Yeah I've mentioned a few times I think that I've been quite impressed with Schumacher. I really didn't think much of the signing either but he looks like he could turn into something. I like the way he cleans up in defense, he slides really well for a tall, rangy forward.

We will have to see. I dont think he will end up doing much tbh. Early days yet though

Any particular reason you feel that way? Genuine question, I really like what I’ve seen thus far from him but he isn’t a kid either.

This is what I was thinking
If we can use him like a bromwich or nelson aso(alphabet of letters) that would be great. Use his big body to poke his nose through the line, land on his front and get a quick play the ball for turpin to take advantage or trick shot for milford coming up through the middle.

I forget who said it on here but they were right. We have to tailor our game plans around our player strengths (i.e get players following tpj, the team pushing up or having plays organised for those who who get quick play the balls etc.) Like the storm do.

Any particular reason you feel that way? Genuine question, I really like what I’ve seen thus far from him but he isn’t a kid either.

Don't know. More of a gut feeling about him I guess. I get the impression he is one of these players that looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.