Funny Pictures Thread

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I remember 4hr long ‘pong’ battles where your thumbs had blisters and when they burst, you knew you had to channel McGyver with bandaids or else you were out for a couple of days. I miss the 80’s!
Obviously the setup on the ad was a PC, but those faces were reminiscent of the original Mario Kart. Fucking high stakes games, high chance of a remote getting thrown, and friendships tested to breaking point.

Also, the marketing on that ad was not lost on me. Going straight at the concerned parents on that one. “Is your kid a loser with no friends? Buy them this and they’ll be popular with the boys AND the girls”.

Ad goes out to talent agency. “We need 4-6 young, attractive kids. And one overweight pasty ranga”.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Obviously the setup on the ad was a PC, but those faces were reminiscent of the original Mario Kart. Fucking high stakes games, high chance of a remote getting thrown, and friendships tested to breaking point.

Also, the marketing on that ad was not lost on me. Going straight at the concerned parents on that one. “Is your kid a loser with no friends? Buy them this and they’ll be popular with the boys AND the girls”.

Ad goes out to talent agency. “We need 4-6 young, attractive kids. And one overweight pasty ranga”.
Geez your deconstruction of that ad, the underlying assumptions and the negative connotations you have ascribed to the kid playing the PC is quite disturbing Morkel. Were you bullied at school?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Geez your deconstruction of that ad, the underlying assumptions and the negative connotations you have ascribed to the kid playing the PC is quite disturbing Morkel. Were you bullied at school?
Yes. But I also know my marketing, which is why I’m a cranky, cynical fuckwit.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Yeah true. But there were still no saves so a couple of spikes and no coins later, they go down pretty quick. Some of those later levels were just bastards. The underwater one....
When I used to rent games from the local video store, I used to look them up in magazines first and see if they had like unlimited Continues. Ghouls & Ghosts was great for this.

The fucking Terminator game - you only had one life. That's it. You could cop a small amount of damage, and there were some heals, but one life, no extra lives, no continues, no saves.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
When I used to rent games from the local video store, I used to look them up in magazines first and see if they had like unlimited Continues. Ghouls & Ghosts was great for this.

The fucking Terminator game - you only had one life. That's it. You could cop a small amount of damage, and there were some heals, but one life, no extra lives, no continues, no saves.
Ahhh, renting video games. So many late fees on Rogue Squadron and the Super Star Wars games.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Reminds me of an old joke:

I went to the doctor last week for an examination.
The doctor said "Tom, you're gonna have to stop wanking."
I asked "Why?'
He said "Because I'm trying to examine you"
Or:

Doctor, doctor help me! I think I’m going deaf.
Oh, well the first thing you need to do is stop masturbating.
Why? Will that stop me from going deaf?
No, but it’s upsetting the other patients...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter