vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the tackle, just heard it on the radio. Was it not too bad? The commentators on the radio said it was pretty bad but they do tend to exaggerate.

I didn't see the tackle, just heard it on the radio. Was it not too bad? The commentators on the radio said it was pretty bad but they do tend to exaggerate.

He coat hanged him.

But, Thurston wasn't upright. He was down low. If he was upright, Graham gets him around the chest. Graham was already committed to the tackle.

I've seen those let go..

Last edited:
1465914337.png

1465873336.png

Unless Thurston is suddenly a 5'2'' midget, he's going to get off, Thurston was falling into the tackle.

I just wish the MRC and Judiciary would hold off on all the cloak and daggers. We all know it deserves at least a Grade 1 Careless, it's just a matter of whether that tackle should rule him out of such an important game. I'm a big believer than for post-season and rep. games that it should take a higher threshold (let's say 200 points) to rule you out of those games.

At least that would be more transparent and the fans could get behind it.

I'm surprised Laurie selected Graham, I didn't think he would have the gumption. It's a good selection and makes a lot of sense, given the style of player he is. Too bad the rest of the side stinks. As expected, Laurie locked himself into this side and couldn't bring himself to make the changes he needed to make.

I hope for the sake of Origin, Queensland make short work of them and Laurie bows out of Origin for good. He's helped turn one of the greatest spectacles into a slogfest.

Apparently Wade Graham had a Grade 2 high tackle in last years final series, so if it's a Grade 1 high tackle, he's out of Origin..

They'll let him off.

Of course they will, same with Tamou.

Wade Graham is a very good player but I'd prefer he got let off so Cartwright doesn't get picked.

Wade Graham is a very good player but I'd prefer he got let off so Cartwright doesn't get picked.

We would be better off with Cartwright in the side.

Cartwright can be a bit of a liability defensively, averaging 3 missed tackles a game, and he doesn't have that left side combination with Maloney.

Last edited:

Imagine how many loose offloads Thaiday and Scott would somehow land on in the 65th minute if Cartwright is selected.

Well yeah there is a chance that Cartwright loses the game for NSW, but he is much more likely to win the game than Graham is and I think it's a risk worth taking for NSW given their position.

Cartwright will play for NSW and Australia sooner then later. He is one hell of a special player.

Tamou also won't be suspended for a shoulder charge on Fifita.

He said he was bracing, but still a shoulder charge. But he won't miss any games for it. You watch, he won't get charged.

I'm watching the game and I just saw the tackle on Thurston by Graham. Thurston ducked down into that and made it look worse than it was, nothing much in it. Refs fucked up with Barba just then.

I think if QLD come out without any complacency, you can pretty much give the shield to us. Our side is stronger (Lillyman over current Myles), their side is weaker (no Cordner, possible suspensions), the track will be better and they still have Adam Reynolds.

Deserves a grade one in my books. (and with his loading that's a week on the sidelines) Thurston failing is no excuse as he cleaned his clock and it was careless. He flung his arm out in an attempt to tackle. There was no body control and if his arm doesn't connect, then he misses completely. The whole onus of the importance of the game he misses should be irrelevant. Any other week and its a week suspension. Origin shouldn't make them go more lenient.

Well Wade Graham has been charged. Grade 1 Careless High Tackle.

He needs to beat the charge in order to play. His carryover points (33) for his previous charge has put it up to 117 points.

If Sharks didn't have the bye, he wouldn't need to. But they do.

Last edited:
He's totally going to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Dazza 92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • jd87
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.