PRE-GAME Game 3 - NSW vs QLD

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2016' started by Unbreakable, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

The bloke is indefensible really. His best performance at origin level came while he was taking his performance enhancing drugs. He is a vile creature who is nowhere near as good as the nsw press would have us believe. Nothing but a scummy, self confessed, constantly whining drug cheat.

2. Felesi Kaufusi has been brought in as 18th man for the Maroons as cover in case Myles isn't fit.. That's correct boys and girls, he's ahead of Broncos superstar Jarrod Wallace in the pecking order. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  3. Wallace isn't available.

Probably because Wallace is banned.

He was one of the Broncos players that broke curfew.

4. Damn, totally forgot he was one of the guys banned, that's how irrelevant he is when it comes to origin I guess.

5. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Except other people didn't forget.

6. Morkel

Morkel

Hahahaha shot down!

7. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Well just because you forgot it doesn't mean other people did too. If he were irrelevant to origin why would he be in the emerging squad to begin with?

8. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

Jarrod Wallace isn't close to Origin quality anyway, good of the bench but sucks as a starter.

Unbreakable likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj

You are totally now unbreakable's best friend. Haha

10. Virtually all young Queensland NRL players get a taste in the emerging squad at some point, it doesn't mean he's anywhere near the team.

He was a part of an esteemed group of emerging players this season, including Jason Bukuya, Tim Glasby, Edrick Lee, Lloyd Perrett & Dale Copley! Last season there was even more up and coming players, such as Brenton Lawrence, James Segeyaro, Corey Thompson & David Tyrrell!

11. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Fair enough, I think he's been going well lately in a poor team.At 24 years of age, there's still time. I just found it odd that a fan would take such delight in a perceived failure of one of our players.

12. Definitely not a failure in my eyes, he's a decent NRL bench forward, I've always said that. I just think it's laughable that his name even comes into the discussion when we're on the topic of potential future Origin starters, the guy struggles when he starts in first grade right now, it's just not a fair prediction.

Regardless, if he doesn't end up being an Origin player that's good for us, the less players we have missing through the Origin period the better.

13. Check out Super Freak's sig to find how much is riding on this.

Super Freak, Tom, Kimlo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

I was talking about not becoming 18th man as being the perceived failure, but I get your point.

15. Watching Tamou's interview on NRL 360 last night was painful..

It sounded like he was struggling a bit there.

There is a saying that front rowers are all muscle and no brains.. I think he was proving that last night.

16. Both Moylan and Bird will be playing 5/8 according to the Laurie.

17. DARIUS Boyd is confident that the Maroons have the maturity needed to claim a clean sweep on Wednesday.

Over Queensland’s 11 years of Origin dominance, the Maroons have only managed to achieve a 3-0 whitewash once back in 2010, and only on three other occasions since the introduction of Origin.

With this year’s series wrapped up in Game Two, there is concern the greatly successful Maroons team could go into next Wednesday’s clash in Sydney without the same hunger they’ve had in the two opening matches.

But fullback Boyd has dismissed those concerns.

While he says he will enjoy himself more this camp, he also thinks people need to trust that the mature playing group will find the right balance as they aim for the clean sweep.

“This series we have really enjoyed ourselves away from the footy field,” he said.

“With Kevvy (Walters), he’s a lighthearted kind of guy. But when training is on and we are talking footy, it’s serious. We make sure we’re doing what we need to be doing.

“It will be the same this camp but for me personally, in the back of my mind, there is a little less pressure knowing that it’s not the be all and end all.

“We can go in more confident, putting less pressure on ourselves and with a little less nerves. It will be a different feeling but we still want to get the job done.”

Queensland’s most infamous failure to achieve a clean sweep came in 2009, after they were rocked by accusations of partying and mixing Red Bull with Stilnox in the lead-up to their Game Three loss at Suncorp Stadium.

Boyd said they have learnt a lot since those days.

He believes the fact they have not had a whitewash since 2010 shows how close the Blues and Maroons actually are.

And he is certain the fire will be there for Queensland come Wednesday’s showdown.

“In 2009, we won the series in the first two games and we stuffed up in the last one which was at home,” he said.

“We learnt a lot then. We came back the next year and got the sweep.

“It just shows how close it is because we haven’t got one for such a long time. Both games of this series have been close and could have changed at any time.

“It’s chillier down there (Sydney) and a bit more greasy so it’s always a hardfought win for both teams down there. I’m expecting this one to be no different.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

18. JOSH McGuire is not worried about a Blues backlash after labelling NSW “losers” as he celebrated his first Origin series win.

McGuire and his young family were the victims of vile abuse on social media following Queensland’s Origin II win when he tweeted: “Losers have meetings winners have parties lol #qld #180”.

The 26-16 win at Suncorp Stadium was McGuire’s fourth Origin appearance and first experience of winning a series after he missed last year’s decider with an achilles injury.

McGuire, the 180th player to pull on a Maroons jersey, deleted the tweet following a string of abuse from jaded Blues fans.

The Broncos prop had a running battle with NSW captain Paul Gallen in a club game earlier this year and said he was ready for whatever the Blues dish up at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday.

“I always expect attention from the Blues,” McGuire said. “I’m playing front row. It won’t be any different.

“I was very excited at the time and I just tweeted it. It wasn’t an attack on anyone. A few NSW fans were a bit up in arms about it. It comes with the job and territory. I’m not worried about it.

“I wasn’t trying to be a smart arse or anything like that. I was excited. I’d won my first Origin series. We earned the right to have a beer and celebrate our win after the game which is what I was saying.

“There was nothing in it really. People can take it how they want to take it.”

Sam Thaiday defended his Broncos and Maroons teammate, hinting the tweet was the result of pre-game abuse.

“If you read some of the tweets coming his way before that you’d know and understand why he vented his frustration,” Thaiday said.

“Moose has probably learnt what to tweet and what not to tweet now. He’s big enough and ugly enough to look after himself (on the field).”

McGuire, 26, ran for 122m in Origin II, which was his first opportunity at starting in a Maroons jersey given Nate Myles was injured. He is likely to move back to the bench if 30-game veteran Myles overcomes a knee injury in time for the dead rubber.

Regardless, McGuire is preparing for another showdown with Gallen, who was lucky to escape suspension earlier this year when he elbowed McGuire in the face.

A boxing fight between the two has been mooted and McGuire said he was excited about the prospect of facing Gallen in what will be the Blues skipper’s final Origin.

“You enjoy playing against the best players in the world and he’s definitely one of the best forwards in the world,” McGuire said.

“I enjoy playing against good quality competition and he’s no different. I got the ball a bit more in Game Two which was good. I had good fun.

“I didn’t feel like I won (the series) last year. I missed the third game. It was definitely a very special moment for me and my family.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  19. Sproj

Sproj

McGuire is a future captain in my opinion...of the Broncos. He is going to be very important for Qld in the next few years as a leader in the forwards as guys like Myles, Scott, Thaiday, Parker obviously, Lillyman all start being phased out or retire.

8. McGuire
    11. Papalii
    12. Gillett

This is the forward pack will be built around. Guys like Napa, Sims, Wallace, Kaufusi apparently, Joffa, will need some help as they enter the fray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.