Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

I'm putting this as the best game of all time & this series at least in the Top 5, if not 3.

If we had have lost I wouldn't have been ashamed. NSW were bloody brave and did some special things out there but Qld were just too classy in the end.

Love ya, Bulla! Greatest Qld Origin forward of all time.

Last edited:
It's making my head spin how many series in a row we've won....

JT MotM
Myles Man of the Series

Wouldn't have predicted either, but well deserved.

Would have given Smith my MotM.

Parker, a machine. Smith and Thurston, great. Inglis, fantastic kick returns. Still don't know what Gillett's role in the side is.

Why wasn't Paul Gallen invited to come up on stage at the end?. Was it because of the reception he got last year or something.

PS: Congragulations to Mal Meninga and the QLD team on a fantastic series. The great rivalry between the Blues and Maroons will rage on forever. To my boys NSW, I'm so proud of you. You busted your guts in all 3 matches and showed that NSW pride. Let's get them next year.

Last edited:
Parker was awesome. Just awesome.

Thaiday needs a gentle kick up the arse for his lack of discipline.

NSW just couldn't handle the pressure, but wow did the Maroons lift after the first 20.

Parker was awesome. Just awesome.

Thaiday needs a gentle kick up the arse for his lack of discipline.

NSW just couldn't handle the pressure, but wow did the Maroons lift after the first 20.

I don't think a 1-point loss can be called 'caving under pressure'.

Why didn't Paul Gallen come up on stage at the end?. Was it because of the reception he got last year or something.

He was probably still complaining to the refs or throwing his arms in the air. (or both)

By far the better team, score flattered NSW. Stuart has to go his motivation technique of blaming everyone except his players or himself is not the way to get the best out of a team. Farah, Bird, Gallen, Scott, Lewis and Watmough carry that attitude into every tackle they spend so much time and energy asking for penalties they need a coach that creates points.

Yes, it was NSW time to take the trophy back down to Sydney wasn't it? NOT!!!

Ricky has his complaints drawn up - but come one, there were some calls there....

How is Myles shot on report if Williams wasn't?

How DID SCOTT KNOCK ON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Parker, a machine. Smith and Thurston, great. Inglis, fantastic kick returns. Still don't know what Gillett's role in the side is.

Oh yes!

I thought Inglis overall was, and will never be, a patch on Slater. He bombed one try in the 1st half on the left with the wrong option - should have been the cut out pass.

Gillett, well, yeah, I guess he is being prepared for next year?

Nielson? Never again I hope.

Oh yes it can... they had big chances to equal up at least but didn't - that's caving under pressure. When you have refs calling for you that's even worse.

ALSO...

We've had our answer - I say Taylor should have been there instead of Gillette.

Credit to Dukey and Broncoman for being so classy in defeat.

And of course, credit to Petero. Love the way we get to send out all our legends as winners, you could tell Locky was genuinely delighted for Petero during the interview.

Also have to call out Matt Gillett for being effing awful tonight. He kept rushing out of the line trying to make an impact hit and just got stepped. His lack of discipline gave NSW a few half chances that I'm grateful they couldn't turn into points.

Also Beau Scott should have a permanent line put through his name his gutless non effort on the Hodges try demonstrates they are so focused on penalties to even stop a try. Ricky should have subbed him and he shoukd never play again.

I didn't say they caved in - their attack was sloppy and disorgansed for most of the 2nd half, exactly as the commentators observed. They are at their best in broken play and kicks.

**** those Morris twins were brilliant. Looks like Hayne may have done his knee as well.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.