Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I wish I had gone to Game 1 now that I saw the Birds of Tokyo playing the opening act. That would be worth the price of entry alone IMO.

Conspiracy theory time. Is there a chance that Smith & Cronk threw the game? Obviously I don't believe they did, but there are a few things that don't sit well with me.

Smith doesn't miss from where the first conversion was taken from. In fact the trajectory was quite straight, it didn't skew like a miss-kick would and it was from close enough that the angle shouldn't have mattered. It was like it was kicked deliberately just outside the posts.

The second was him shooting out of the line for their second try. Again, he doesn't make those mistakes, and there was absolutely no reason to do it. The gap he left was yawning and even if Gillett was able to get a better shot then the runner would just have ran inside more as there was nothing but clear air.

The second half was just a clusterfuck so it's hard to pick defining moments, the game was lost by about the 43rd minute anyway.

Why? Two possibilities. One would be a protest for Slater not being selected. The other would be a **** you to the NRL. Ruin the spectacle of their biggest earner by sling it a one-sided affair and lose the support of the only state that gives a shit. Basically telling the NRL just how influential the players can be. He already hijacked an Origin press conference for it, I know throwing a game is another level but just putting it out there.

Conspiracy theory time. Is there a chance that Smith & Cronk threw the game? Obviously I don't believe they did, but there are a few things that don't sit well with me.

Smith doesn't miss from where the first conversion was taken from. In fact the trajectory was quite straight, it didn't skew like a miss-kick would and it was from close enough that the angle shouldn't have mattered. It was like it was kicked deliberately just outside the posts.

The second was him shooting out of the line for their second try. Again, he doesn't make those mistakes, and there was absolutely no reason to do it. The gap he left was yawning and even if Gillett was able to get a better shot then the runner would just have ran inside more as there was nothing but clear air.

The second half was just a clusterfuck so it's hard to pick defining moments, the game was lost by about the 43rd minute anyway.

Why? Two possibilities. One would be a protest for Slater not being selected. The other would be a **** you to the NRL. Ruin the spectacle of their biggest earner by sling it a one-sided affair and lose the support of the only state that gives a shit. Basically telling the NRL just how influential the players can be. He already hijacked an Origin press conference for it, I know throwing a game is another level but just putting it out there.

No. Ruining it would be for QLD to keep winning in a NSW dominated NRL. They are professionals and although have been at least adjacent to dubious activities at the storm don't see them throwing it in their possible last season. But yes something wasn't right with them both.

Don't have much sympathy for either party in pay dispute. NRL is incompetent with likely equally poor money management and players have already had big increases to salary cap without clear improvements in behaviour or quality, they are behaving more consistent with overpaid princesses. Money really needs to go to grassroots or will be obliterated in 20 years by soccer.

If anything milf going off at that time saved him from more criticism - i think the game was gone when he went off even if mathematically we were still in it.

Being told to run it is fine if it works. When it doesnt though, there is no plan b for someone like milf. Thats a problem in origin, you can't be a one dimensional playmaker.

Sippin haterade bro .

I don't get the hate on Milfords performance last night and I am one of the biggest haters of the bloke. I think he was decent without being spectacular which pretty much goes for the entire side apart from a few muppets like O'Neill and Myles. They never got any ascendancy in the forwards. We did pretty well to stay in for as long as we did. Oates, Chambers and Gagai were exceptional bringing the ball back. What Thurston will provide is pressure off Cronk with the kicking game which tbf is a massive part but even if he played last night it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I rewatched the game half an hour ago and I was surprised how well Milford went to be honest behind a smashed up forward pack. Still comes down to the fact that we need to bolster the forward pack or it doesn't matter if you have Johns, Thurston or Lewis you will still get smashed. McGuire or Papali need to play in the front row and bring in either Lowe or Cooper. Napa and Myles just can't get through a big enough stint in the front row where I think McGuire or Papali could.
Id go with

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Papali
12. Gillet
13. Lowe
14. Morgan
15. Hess
16. Wallace
17. Cooper

Would not be worried if Slater took Boyds spot and then Boyd to the wing over Holmes but I heard rumours that Walters talked to all the relevant blokes around the Storm and they are still not confident in Billys shoulder defensively. It makes sense. I believe if Smith wanted Slater in he would have got his way.

Hayne dominated Gagai 1 on 1 when Titans played the knights ...

Same thing crossed my mind.

hey man can i get a quarter oz of what you've got?

@Morkel even if I don't believe they would, it still crossed my mind. That being said, I'll have an ounce too.

Queensland won five series in a row without a Parker off-load.

If you have a forward that can do it, and knows when to do it more importantly it's nice but I don't think it's a vital component of attack.

Offloads come with momentum and quick play the balls, if you're struggling to move and the line is always set and they're getting numbers at you, you can't offload.

I remember Corey offloading on the NSW line with at least 3 men trying to tackle him and setting up a try . Special skill few players have .

I think if we shut down Fifita we win this game.

When Fifita went off for a HIA, NSW had nothing. They were having a lot of trouble coming out of their end and we were getting a roll on and getting over the top of them despite NSW having a bigger pack, which they've always had by the way.

Once Fifita came back on, that's when NSW got over the top of us.

I think people are hitting the panic buttons a bit too much.

The Woods offload earlier on started the NSW momentum .

McGuire never looks to do anything other than a one out hit up. It's usually a wasted tackle 4 option as well. I guess people just wanted to see what else he had to offer once he moved to lock.

Monkey see monkey do. Gallen started playing in 13 for the Sharks and they were successful pretty soon every team is copying the game plan .

Hayne dominated Gagai 1 on 1 when the Titans played the Knights . If Kevvie saw it he would have run a line through Gagai at centre opposite Hayne in SOO.

Hayne dominated Gagai 1 on 1 when the Titans played the Knights . If Kevvie saw it he would have run a line through Gagai at centre opposite Hayne in SOO.

Well, O'Neill got dominated too. The thing about him ever being a good defender is a load of rubbish too. The thing is, Hayne's defence is just as bad. We need to take advantage of that too.

So far in gagais short origin career, he seems to go up another level and hasn't let anyone down. His club form doesn't seem to effect his origin form. He offers everything O'Neil does and much more I reckon.

Wouldn't we want Chambers marking up on Hayne?

Why is Boyd most likely as centre?

Why is Boyd most likely as centre?

Because Oates doesn't deserve to get dropped. So Oates/Gagai wings - Boyd/Chambers centres in that scenario.

Unless you switch Boyd and Gagai, which is also feasible.

Would Kevvie risk the ire of Qld and pick...

Moga?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.