Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
XXXX Queensland Maroons
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neil (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)

14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)

18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

Coach: Kevin Walters

XXXX Queensland Maroons
1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neil
5. Dane Gagai
6. Anthony Milford
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Josh Papalii
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Michael Morgan
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Aidan Guerra
17. Jacob Lillyman

18. Johnathan Thurston

Coach: Kevin Walters

Very sneaky from Walters ... naming Milford in the 17.

there were reports this morning that they would just name the 18 in alphabetical order (1st time in 37 year history)

Bennett will be ropeable if Milf is dropped last second for JT. Happy that he'll play 5/8 over Morgan, who should be out of the side completely for Munster, Hess, or someone else IMO.

Very sneaky from Walters ... naming Milford in the 17.

there were reports this morning that they would just name the 18 in alphabetical order (1st time in 37 year history)

I'll give Kevie the benefit of the doubt, but it does strike me as a political move.

It's been awhile since I've seen Geno, he doesn't look right without his mo.

I can understand the O'Neil selection, loyalty, you know what you're getting, good defensively.

The only selection I hate is Guerra, there's no way on god's green earth he is one of the best 4 bench players we could bring on in Origin, I could name 4 off the top of my head who would've been more impactful for us. Wallace, Sims, Bolton, Hess.

MILFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Edit: Poor Jarrod Wallace.. I genuinely feel bad for him.
Agree. Wallace deserved the spot over Napa imo. They obviously want Napa's aggression...

As to Milf... right decision IMO.

It's actually nice to have guys like Holmes, Munster and even Slater as backup in the backline, where we've been very thin in the past years. I personally don't think O'Neill is our best choice, but in all fairness, he hasn't let Qld down.

MILF MILF MILF

I'm hoping Wallace will still come into camp as 19th man for the experience. He'd be a worthy selection.
You would think he'll get a run before the series is done.

I'll give Kevie the benefit of the doubt, but it does strike me as a political move.

It's been awhile since I've seen Geno, he doesn't look right without his mo.

I really thought that was a possibility but couldn't and still can't work out how they will drop someone in the 17 for the 18th man unless Milf is on board with a fib.
Maybe Morgan will be the one dropped, who knows.

Personally I don't think Milf is ready.

Bullshit.

This is politics.

NRL Commission needs to come down hard on QRL if Milf (without any medical reason) is dropped for Thurston.

I really thought that was a possibility but couldn't and still can't work out how they will drop someone in the 17 for the 18th man
Unless Milf (or someone else) gets injured then they can't bring JT in.

I really thought that was a possibility but couldn't and still can't work out how they will drop someone in the 17 for the 18th man

You'd certainly hope not, I can't remember Queensland ever betraying a player like that before.

The closest example was the whole TBA fiasco in 2002 and 2005, but they weren't doing that at any other players expense.

It's a tough position for Milford. Hopefully he sees it as an opportunity and not as a poison chalice. No doubt if the Maroons lose, he'll be the scapegoat.

I don't think this is a smoke screen, if Thurston was a legit chance of playing he would've been named in the 6 with Milford & Munster on an extended bench.

Pleased Milf in, great experience for him.

Bennett tells Kevvie how it is.. lol.

Shouldn't they have named 21 as with NRL squads? I'm sure they did with the Anzac test.

If you're going by the new rules then it would be easy to drop 6 for 18. Kevvie isn't a ****, if the milf is a chance of being left out then I'm sure he'd have told him.

Wow! Milf in!.....I must admit I thought Morgan would have got the nod.....Wayne must have told Kevie to put him in the team or he is going to NZ.

I'm hoping Milf goes well, a good performance in origin could really boost his form for us.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.