Game I Queensland Origin Team

State of Origin game 2 1989 Queensland 16 - NSW 12

Queensland wrapped up the 1989 series in game 2 in probably their most courageous effort in origin history. They lost Allan Langer in a broken leg, Mal Meninga with a fractured eye socket and Paul Vautin with an elbow injury by half-time. In the second half, Michael Hancock came off with a bruised shoulder while Bob Linder played on with a fracture in his ankle which he carried for much of the match before retiring five minutes in from the end, leaving the Maroons down to 12 men.

Bob Linder, who stayed on the field despite his injury as there were no reserves left, claimed it was the toughest match in which he played and Wally Lewis, who scored a memorable 40 metre try rated it as Queensland's greatest performance.

Last edited:
Wally Lewis was a hard man. Rare these days.

Haha Dobbo on the news claiming a sellout but you can there are heaps of tickets left on ticketek.
It seems kind of dumb they limit you to 6 as well

I hope Papalli destroys Pearce with some smashing tackles.

I want Milford to have an absolute blinder tonight and come up with some highlights to put in the video I'm making.

Making one that showcases his skills and the side of his game that got him selected, but won't be able to complete it in time to upload before kick off. But maybe that would be a good thing. If he can produce some magical stuff tonight then it would just make it even better.

Just showed qld sheds and Wallace on the bag... he was being very vocal for a rookie 18th man and looks pretty at home in the qld sheds.

You might be in trouble UB haha

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.