Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Milford stay in the 17 since he will be the starting 6 next year. Morgan can be the utility again next year.

Chambers will be lucky to play Game 2 after his hit on Pearce imo.

Lowe? Maybe two seasons ago. Wallace is a definite and I'd go Bolton over any other fringe prop.

Backline is tricky because Gagai was so good tonight on the wing. Oates to the bench maybe? He'll make metres in the middle at least. I dunno.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Sims
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Milford
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Hess

The real issue is that NSW have about 3 forwards they didn't pick that would have played for QLD tonight if they qualified. Then they have Trbo, James Roberts, Mansour, Lailua, Bird, and Moylan all waiting in line for backline positions. We still beat them in the spine but once JT, Cronk, and Smith retire, we are in a lot of trouble for a few years.

If we were to bring in Slater, this is what it should be.

1. Boyd

14. Slater

I said Slater should have been in there for game 1 but I'm not entirely sure leaving him out is the wrong decision now. Yes we got smashed but I don't think JT, Smith or Cronk will be there next year, throw Slater into that as well and that is a completely new spine, so leave Boyd there and let Slater be retired.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Sims
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Milford
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Hess

The real issue is that NSW have about 3 forwards they didn't pick that would have played for QLD tonight if they qualified. Then they have Trbo, James Roberts, Mansour, Lailua, Bird, and Moylan all waiting in line for backline positions. We still beat them in the spine but once JT, Cronk, and Smith retire, we are in a lot of trouble for a few years.

Yeah let's drop Oates that a fucking fantastic idea. They targeted him relentlessly and he was so good they changed mid game.

I'd go:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai (I couldn't care less about his club defense, you've all seen how much origin means to him every game thus far and he'll have better players around him than he has at Newcastle)
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Papalii

14. Milford
15. Wallace
16. Lillyman
17. Sims

That bench has a bucketload more punch and skillfulness. The Napa/Sims one-two psycho punch could just be what this side needs.

I said Slater should have been in there for game 1 but I'm not entirely sure leaving him out is the wrong decision now. Yes we got smashed but I don't think JT, Smith or Cronk will be there next year, throw Slater into that as well and that is a completely new spine, so leave Boyd there and let Slater be retired.

I reckon Smith & Cronk play another year or two. Only issue will be Cronk finding an NRL team that'll take him in Sydney.

I think I agree though, leaving Slater out of Game 1 and then back flipping and putting him in the fire for Game 2 in an elimination game in NSW and saying "save us" is unfair on him, and Boyd. Leave Darbs at 1, bring in Holmes.

I reckon Smith & Cronk play another year or two. Only issue will be Cronk finding an NRL team that'll take him in Sydney.

I think I agree though, leaving Slater out of Game 1 and then back flipping and putting him in the fire for Game 2 in an elimination game in NSW and saying "save us" is unfair on him, and Boyd. Leave Darbs at 1, bring in Holmes.

That is problem though... I think Cronk will retire because there isn't a club, unless he goes to the Knights.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Sims
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Milford
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Hess
Yeah let's drop Oates that a fucking fantastic idea. They targeted him relentlessly and he was so good they changed mid game.

Well, there's no need for the attitude. I was just sharing my opinion. I think Oates done a good job but it's just a case of the team being stronger imo.

Well, there's no need for the attitude. I was just sharing my opinion. I think Oates done a good job but it's just a case of the team being stronger imo.
My bad, misplaced aggression. And a dozen beers.

Agree x infinity. Boyd is the future. Slater is 34 ffs and held together by strapping tape.

With the series on the line, Slater's combo with Smith and Cronk is fundamental. Not that Boyd did much wrong... problem is he didn't do much right either, on both sides of the park.

We can't have a one dimensional player as McGuire at lock either. He's best coming off the bench at prop once the initial onslaught of the big NSW'ker props is past.

O'Neill has to go too of course, and we need size, power and durability in the front row, because NSW will deplete our forwards energy with their size and skill advantage. As such my team would be:

1- Slater
2- Oates
3- Gagai
4- Chambers
5- Boyd
6- Thurston (Milford in case Jonno isn't ready as Walters hinted)
7- Cronk
8- Napa
9- Smith
10- Wallace
11- Papalii
12- Gillett
13- Guerra (yes, shocking I know, but he's better suited for the position than McGuire)

14- Milford (I'd have Munster over Morgan if Milford starts, but that won't happen)
15- McGuire (to replace Napa initially, and stay on for a long stint with high energy work)
16- Thaiday (because he still has value from the bench on shorter stints)
17- Sims or Bolton or Hess, etc...

I don't care who plays.

But we need to remember what happened last night clearly.

If the NRL have cleared Cordner of an arm bar, and Hayne of a head slam then that's the fucking standard hence forth.

Plus I forget the elbow to the back of Milfs head.

I want someone to tear Cordner's arm out of its fucking socket (that'll get me some flack but **** that, apparently it's all fair game now). That fucker did that deliberately.

I want every second tackle to be a head slam. Particularly on that fat **** Fifita (ps how is his campaign to free the one punch killer going? Amazing how NSW will forgive blokes if they play for NSW).

I want someone to put an elbow on Hayne. Break his fucking jaw. Who gives a shit. Apparently it's all good after last night.

We'll see how long the new the ignorance of the rules lasts when a few of their blokes get seriously injured.

Time to fight fire with fire.

The refs should be fucking ashamed of themselves for all the stuff they let go. But as NSW won you can assume that they'll get picked.

We showed loyalty and they let us down and now because we didnt really start bringing a couple of younger blokes in over the last couple of years i think the squad need 4-5 changes now.

Slater to Fullback, and this is where it gets tricky for me as my preference is for Chambers and Holmes on the right as i think Chambers would handle their left side better than any of our other centers, we really didnt shut them down at all and i thought made them look better than they actually were. However, we need to play Gagai as he was our best performer imo but i'd prefer Boyd left center and Oates left wing. Cant work out how to fit them all in!

Apart from that, i think we have to find a place for Sims, Wallace and Napa in the forwards, and Hess and Munster on the bench. Munster can be our Jack Bird and i think we need the Physicality of Hess.

I don't care who plays.

But we need to remember what happened last night clearly.

If the NRL have cleared Cordner of an arm bar, and Hayne of a head slam then that's the fucking standard hence forth.

Plus I forget the elbow to the back of Milfs head.

I want someone to tear Cordner's arm out of its fucking socket (that'll get me some flack but **** that, apparently it's all fair game now). That ****** did that deliberately.

I want every second tackle to be a head slam. Particularly on that fat **** Fifita (ps how is his campaign to free the one punch killer going? Amazing how NSW will forgive blokes if they play for NSW).

I want someone to put an elbow on Hayne. Break his fucking jaw. Who gives a shit. Apparently it's all good after last night.

We'll see how long the new the ignorance of the rules lasts when a few of their blokes get seriously injured.

Time to fight fire with fire.

The refs should be fucking ashamed of themselves for all the stuff they let go. But as NSW won you can assume that they'll get picked.

Its a disgrace Hayne, Cordner, Klemmer and tbf, Myles werent charged. WE dont have the mongrel in our team, and i think this time around our loyalty has backfired. Dont blame them for doing it however as its worked for years, but its obvious now we need some more size and fresh legs. I have a feeling we wont do it however.

I don't think they will drop Myles... the lead up was all about how important he is to the team blah blah blah. They can't come out now and dump him altogether for a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.