10 Papa
11 Cooper
12 Gillett
13 McGuire

14 Morgan
15 Thaiday
16 Wallace
17 Hess

Id love to see Munster at left centre but we have so many options, and all played well, that it is hard to punt someone. Oates would be the one to miss out IMO .
Replacing Morgan with Munster doesnt add anything but Munster at left centre improves our D adds to combos and allows Chambers to go to right centre where he belongs.

Last edited:
I'm onboard the kaufusi train too. Need young blood and aggression to match the blues.

G`day Rex

Yep and I stand by what I said . Save the pain . Move on a year earlier . He`s not getting any younger .

Yeahh....nahh.

He would be the last player you'd want to move on a year (possibly 2 or 3 years in Cam's case) early.

Might be different if there was someone else demanding selection......but there's not.

Friend's alright as a backup.

McCullough isn't SOO standard, fullstop.

Yeahh....nahh.

He would be the last player you'd want to move on a year (possibly 2 or 3 years in Cam's case) early.

Might be different if there was someone else demanding selection......but there's not.

I would have said the same about Peats a fortnight ago.

I don't want to here about Holmes as a fullback option either like I have in a few places. He is flashy and can be brilliant but he struggles majorly on the other side of the ball. Anybody see his positioning last night when Chambers put a kick down the left and he casually jogged over and just basically watched as Carr jumped on it. He was lucky he bottled it. Would never see that with Slater or Boyd. On the Boyd/Slater decision. I have no problem with whichever way they go. Boyd is alot safer and doesn't make the errors slater does however Slater has returned with some extra zip. He just looks quicker and more dangerous before he got injured. I think he can create something out of nothing more than Boyd. That move he put on to put Kaufusi away was classy. If we don't fix the forward situation I don't think it matters who we pick at fullback. Scoring points and creating opportunities was not a problem in game 1. It was going with their forward pack that stuffed as in the back end.

I don't want to here about Holmes as a fullback option either like I have in a few places. He is flashy and can be brilliant but he struggles majorly on the other side of the ball. Anybody see his positioning last night when Chambers put a kick down the left and he casually jogged over and just basically watched as Carr jumped on it. He was lucky he bottled it. Would never see that with Slater or Boyd. On the Boyd/Slater decision. I have no problem with whichever way they go. Boyd is alot safer and doesn't make the errors slater does however Slater has returned with some extra zip. He just looks quicker and more dangerous before he got injured. I think he can create something out of nothing more than Boyd. That move he put on to put Kaufusi away was classy. If we don't fix the forward situation I don't think it matters who we pick at fullback. Scoring points and creating opportunities was not a problem in game 1. It was going with their forward pack that stuffed as in the back end.

Watched the game last night. Storm fan confirmed.

Kidding.

Holmes is an excellent winger and a middle of the pack fullback so agree.

Yeahh....nahh.

You realise he`s about to turn 34 ?

You realise he`s about to turn 34 ?

Yes.

With the lack of injuries he has had throughout his career and the fact he is still playing very good footy at the highest standard, I thinks it's as I said, a "possibility"

Really?

The scoreboard would suggest otherwise.

Most of the time we were up our own end with the ball because our forwards didn't have the leg speed to make a heap of metres. I can name about 6 or 7 good opportunities we had and they saved about 3 tries within inches. Even that plodder O'Neill looked dangerous when he had the ball against Hayne. I'm more worried about how we handle their forwards so we have enough gas to make our own metres. If we add a bit of leg speed in our forwards with Hess Wallace etc with our superior outside backs metre wise I am more than convinced we can score enough points with Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith orchestrating

For those who missed it, Jarrod Wallace put on a shoulder charge on Ayshford off the ball today, likely a facing a Grade 1 shoulder charge at minimum, if found guilty will miss 2 weeks & Origin II.

For those who missed it, Jarrod Wallace put on a shoulder charge on Ayshford off the ball today, likely a facing a Grade 1 shoulder charge at minimum, if found guilty will miss 2 weeks & Origin II.

Well that sucks. Seems he hasn't purged that One Stupid Play from his game yet.

Do players even get suspended for shoulder charges anymore? Oh wait, he's a QLDer.

The MRC and the judiciary have been letting that go all year.

Once he realized the ball was coming back in, he stopped and Ayshford ended up colliding with him. He was bracing for the impact and they have been letting that go all year.

But we'll find out in 24 hours whether the MRC decide to charge him. If they do, he would have a pretty good case to make at the judiciary and should fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.