OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

not only is Oates able to get our sets off to the right start and help the forwards out when they are struggling (which Holmes can't do)

but he has the ability to get the ball over the white stripe ... including by using his superior size to barge through the defence (which Holmes can't do).

Holmes can and does do both of those things for the Sharks. He averages 184 metres per game, he doesn't do that by being some weakling that struggles to make metres out of his own end. He's also arguably a more skillful finisher than Oates.

Oates has his strengths, primarily barging wingers over close to the line, but let's not sell Holmes short, he's an incredible player, and many would say a better all-around player than Corey.

Holmes can and does do both of those things for the Sharks. He averages 184 metres per game, he doesn't do that by being some weakling that struggles to make metres out of his own end. He's also arguably a more skillful finisher than Oates.

Oates has his strengths, primarily barging wingers over close to the line, but let's not sell Holmes short, he's an incredible player, and many would say a better all-around player than Corey.

i'm not selling him short, I think he is a tremendous player should be in the side ... just not at the expense of Oates.

I also think he will have a long origin career for QLD

I'm speechless (great show by the way). This is NSWesque. What a joke.

I couldn't care less about whether Glasby is good defensively or not, I reckon someone said to the selectors there is some guy in the Melbourne side who qualifie, Gafuby or something? They probably looked at Melbourne's side and went ahh must be Glasby.

I'm more than ok with Cooper getting picked and a lot of those guys (except Oates) getting dropped but our bench is absolute trash...again.

how so ...

not only is Oates able to get our sets off to the right start and help the forwards out when they are struggling (which Holmes can't do)

but he has the ability to get the ball over the white stripe ... including by using his superior size to barge through the defence (which Holmes can't do).

Having said that they should both be in the side on the wings

Oates averaged about 0.2m more than Holmes a carry last year. That is a myth. Did you watch Holmes in the big matches? Ran at the defensive line like a mad man.

I'm speechless (great show by the way). This is NSWesque. What a joke.

I couldn't care less about whether Glasby is good defensively or not, I reckon someone said to the selectors there is some guy in the Melbourne side who qualifie, Gafuby or something? They probably looked at Melbourne's side and went ahh must be Glasby.

I'm more than ok with Cooper getting picked and a lot of those guys (except Oates) getting dropped but our bench is absolute trash...again.

I can't agree. I love the team. Oates is hard done by but the forward pack has a better balance to it and it is stronger in the problem areas where we were smashed in the 1st game. The bench is great. Hess, Morgan, Glasby and Wallace is very strong.

After watching the presser with Kev, it basically sounds like Oates has had his time on the wing, if he gets back in to the team it'll be in the forwards.

I imagine he'll be in the discussion next year, with JT leaving there probably won't be any need for a 32 year old Gavin Cooper in the team.

2018 - (Assuming Slater retires from rep footy)

1. Boyd
2. Gagai
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Holmes
6. Milford
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Munster
15. Oates
16. Hess
17. Wallace

Last edited:
how so ...

Having said that they should both be in the side on the wings

Holmes is a threat of breaking the line from anywhere. You don't see Corey break the line open from his own end much. He's more a strong, solid dependable type who's a reliable finisher. Holmes is the more dynamic player.

I feel like we could be a strong chance to expose NSW's left side defence. We couldn't do it with a numpty like O'Neill, but Holmes is an absolute gun.

just looking at the 30 game origin club and Nate Myles looks so out of place in that company lol

just looking at the 30 game origin club and Nate Myles looks so out of place in that company lol

I was a bit surprised when I saw Thiaday had played that many as well.

So what are Tim glasby's good points? I honestly have never taken notice of him.

Terrible side, but hey the less Broncos in there the better. After the decade of dominance, which Broncos supporter really cares anymore when their club side suffers so badly

I do.

Broncos players playing origin isn't new.......been happening throughout the history of the club. People now, just like to use it as a crutch to lean on.

So what are Tim glasby's good points? I honestly have never taken notice of him.

He is a solid player from what I've seen but can't think of to much besides that. Heard he was picked for his defence.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • simplythebest
  • Battler
  • BroncosMan
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • porouian
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.