Game III Queensland Origin team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Papalii has got to be in the 2nd row. He's so damaging there, and it's all wasted in the front row. I'd consider moving Gillett to lock if they want to keep Cooper, would strengthen our front row rotation with McGuire back there, and could allow Hess to come off the bench on the edge.

Glasby...well, can you really pick him again after he almost cost us the game? It was disgraceful defence from him.

1. Billy Slater
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Darius Boyd
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Michael Morgan
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Cameron Munster/Ben Hunt/Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Josh Papalii
16. Coen Hess
17. Tim Glasby

I really can't see any positive news for Thurston. His shoulder was fucked, you could see it after every pass, after every tackle, when he was standing in the defensive line with the right arm limp down the side of his body.

So because of that, Morgan takes the 5/8 spot due to Milford being injured. Cooper, who let's face it was only picked because of his combination with Thurston, is dropped and Thaiday regains his spot.

If Thurston can't make it...

1- Slater
2- Holmes
3- Boyd
4- Chambers
5- Gagai
6- Morgan
7- Cronk
8- Napa
9- Smith
10- Wallace
11- Cooper
12- Gillett
13- McGuire

14- Munster
15- Papalii (Kaufusi if Papalii is still down on whatever issue he has)
16- Hess
17- Glasby (Sims might get a look in)

If it was up to me...

1- Slater
2- Oates
3- Boyd
4- Chambers
5- Gagai
6- Munster
7- Cronk
8- Napa
9- Smith
10- McGuire
11- Cooper
12- Kaufusi
13- Gillett

14- Morgan
15- Hess
16- Papalii
17- Wallace

If Thurston can't make it...

1- Slater
2- Holmes
3- Boyd
4- Chambers
5- Gagai
6- Morgan
7- Cronk
8- Napa
9- Smith
10- Wallace
11- Cooper
12- Gillett
13- McGuire

14- Munster
15- Papalii (Kaufusi if Papalii is still down on whatever issue he has)
16- Hess
17- Glasby (Sims might get a look in)

If it was up to me...

1- Slater
2- Oates
3- Boyd
4- Chambers
5- Gagai
6- Munster
7- Cronk
8- Napa
9- Smith
10- McGuire
11- Cooper
12- Kaufusi
13- Gillett

14- Morgan
15- Hess
16- Papalii
17- Wallace

Like the team but would start Papalii for 20 and swap with Kaufausi.
Cooper was immense. Need to strengthen prop rotation so Gillo makes sense at Lock. Glasby improved but his initial mistakes were unforgivable and can't afford a second go for game three. Like Munster over Morgan to start if JT injured. Have to stop bringing Morgan on at 30 minutes. Adds nothing that early. Maybe around 55 minutes to capitalise on fatigue. Holmes was abysmal. A blade of grass from bombing a try, dropped ball and returns were worse than useless. Put QLD on backfoot for next 3 tackles. Has to be fired ... preferably out of a canon back to his mouth breathing Sharks. Reapply in 2 years when lives up to his hype. Oates deserves to be fuming hope he uses it as motivation and comes out this weekend and obliterates the raiders.

I think Papalii has got to be in the 2nd row. He's so damaging there, and it's all wasted in the front row. I'd consider moving Gillett to lock if they want to keep Cooper, would strengthen our front row rotation with McGuire back there, and could allow Hess to come off the bench on the edge.

Glasby...well, can you really pick him again after he almost cost us the game? It was disgraceful defence from him.

NSW deliberately attacked Glasby . Glasby at marker out - in play will wrong foot him . It worked twice then they shelved it . Joey Johns was flabbergasted with their direction in attack .Out - in ball is cutting up the middle . Thurston has one arm . But play away from that .

It was so sweet to see Joey and Phil wringing their hands at the missed opportunity to pour on the compliments about NSW and their new era .

Qld centres were outstanding in attack . Boyd , Chambers and Morgan all offloaded close to the line for tries .
The 1st try I didn`t even see the pass . Saw Darius fall to the ground and thought well NSW shut that out . Next thing Holmes is diving in the corner .

re Gagai the kid is an awesome competitor .

If Thurston is out, Morgan to start and Oates recalled to the bench.

probably a bigger one than Morgan has this series (or Munster would)

he can cover for the backs in the event of injury, and can play in the backrow rotation as another big body and meter eater

Andrew Fifita 16 hitups for 93 metres. We did a number on him and the scoreboard showed

Andrew Fifita 16 hitups for 93 metres. We did a number on him and the scoreboard showed

The prick only ran sideways and his play the balls are bs touch footy style

That second team from @Porthoz is perfect, sign me up for that one, it is like you read my mind bro.

probably a bigger one than Morgan has this series (or Munster would)

he can cover for the backs in the event of injury, and can play in the backrow rotation as another big body and meter eater
They won't pick someone just to cover for an injury that may not happen. Or to play in a position that he has hardly ever played in the club comp. He is not a utility type player. The Broncos need him more anyways.

They won't pick someone just to cover for an injury that may not happen. Or to play in a position that he has hardly ever played in the club comp. He is not a utility type player. The Broncos need him more anyways.

Can play backs and fowards, that's a utility type player. And anyway Morgan plays in the forwards when he comes on when knowone gets injured and Oates would do a better job.

Oates gets gassed playing on the wing. No way they are going to play him in the forwards. I would want to see him tackle some big men for set after set before throwing him in that. Morgan was great in the middle while he was there. Strong defensively

Oates gets gassed playing on the wing. No way they are going to play him in the forwards. I would want to see him tackle some big men for set after set before throwing him in that. Morgan was great in the middle while he was there. Strong defensively

This is only if Thurston is out, in which case Morgan would play 5/8

FB IMG 1498093846380

This is only if Thurston is out, in which case Morgan would play 5/8

I know it would be a big gamble for a decider but I would put munster in 5/8th. It would be the storm spine so he should fit right in plus he is tough as nails. It wont matter JT will play imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.