Game III Queensland Origin team

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we can take Thaiday and Hunt out of the mix for SOO 111 after last nights Storm game.

I think Munster can play anywhere , and get the job done.

DCE woulld probably give us the best passing game at 6.

Morgan is cool under pressure and great to have in there when the game is on the line.

Personally , my choice right now is DCE at six and Morgan in the centres and Munster on the bench. But would not really argue too much about any combination of the above three.

I feel Kafusi is now a real contender for game three. He is a tough nut and a 100 per cent performer with an offload in him.

At least we can take Thaiday and Hunt out of the mix for SOO 111 after last nights Storm game.

I think Munster can play anywhere , and get the job done.

DCE woulld probably give us the best passing game at 6.

Morgan is cool under pressure and great to have in there when the game is on the line.

Personally , my choice right now is DCE at six and Morgan in the centres and Munster on the bench. But would not really argue too much about any combination of the above three.

I feel Kafusi is now a real contender for game three. He is a tough nut and a 100 per cent performer with an offload in him.
Like where you're going with this....the new Special K !

Oates didn't do much to press his claims. He was absent out there. Looked like the wing was completely open last night.

Reluctantly warming to DCE at 6, Munster at centre and Morgan bench. But only if DCE isnt going to disrupt team culture and if he doesn't put on a great performance he is permanently done.

Need another centre forward on bench. Not sure any point in Kafusi for that but open to suggestions.

G
Need another centre forward on bench. Not sure any point in Kafusi for that but open to suggestions.
Guys got great hands, very quick, can pass left and right,tough and scores trys not to mention plays 80 minutes a week WITH the guys from the Storm/Qld team ! Whats not to like ha ha...yeah, I know..I keep writing the same thing but I adore unfashionable unheralded hard working forwards

Would nsw beat the Melbourne storm? Probably not from last nights performance. So pick as many storm players as possible I say

Would nsw beat the Melbourne storm? Probably not from last nights performance. So pick as many storm players as possible I say

If NSW play the way they did in the first half of Game 2, they would destroy them.

Storm are good when a side plays the way they want them to play. NSW's gameplan in that first half is what Storm can't handle.

Any chance we move Gillett to the left and then put Kaufusi on right. Play munster at 5/8, you will then have the storm spine and right handside pretty much which would be valuable in this game with so many out. Play morgan at left centre and put DCE on the bench.

What about Leutele as the left center? Ennis brought it up in the commentary. Strong carry and defender and natural left hand side player. I forgot about him. Not the worst idea. Probably won't happen because that would mean two debuts on the same side

Oates didn't do much to press his claims. He was absent out there. Looked like the wing was completely open last night.

Reluctantly warming to DCE at 6, Munster at centre and Morgan bench. But only if DCE isnt going to disrupt team culture and if he doesn't put on a great performance he is permanently done.

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

It has to be sarcasm.. It just has to be..

State of Origin 2017: Allan Langer calls for Ben Hunt to make his Origin debut in Game III

QUEENSLAND’s greatest halfback Allan Langer has called for Ben Hunt to be handed his maiden Maroons jumper for the Origin decider — just a fortnight after being axed from the Broncos.

As Maroons coach Kevin Walters desperately tries to fill the void left by injured stars Johnathan Thurston and Darius Boyd, Langer believes Hunt can be Queensland’s Mr Fixit in Origin III.

Hunt’s final season at the Broncos appeared in tatters just two weeks ago when the halfback, who will join the Dragons next year on a $6 million deal, was dropped to Intrust Super Cup side Ipswich.

But Anthony Milford’s shoulder injury opened the door for Hunt, who made a triumphant return to the Broncos on Saturday night, spearheading Brisbane’s 30-20 defeat of the Raiders.

Playing off the bench, Hunt was magnificent, kicking judiciously and compiling two try assists, two line-break assists and one tackle bust in his most complete display of the season.

The pint-sized Langer famously emerged from Ipswich to star in his Origin debut in 1987. Thirty years later, he urged Walters, his former Broncos halves partner, to blood Hunt in the Origin decider at Suncorp Stadium on July 12.

“Like me, Ben could go from Ipswich to the Maroons and I certainly hope he does,” said Langer, who played 34 Origin matches for the Maroons.

“Personally, I think Queensland should pick Ben on the bench (for Origin III).

“I have no doubt he could handle State of Origin despite him being dropped to reserve grade.

“I like ‘Hunty’ as a utility option. If the Maroons are going to go with guys like (Cameron) Munster and (Michael) Morgan in the starting side, they should look at Ben for the bench.

“Ben has played plenty of hooker at the Broncos so he has that versatility — he would be the perfect utility for Queensland.”

Walters stunned many last week when he called Hunt into Camp Maroon as a development player for Origin II, just days after he made his reserve-grade debut for the Jets.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett said he had no issue with Walters’ stance and insists Hunt has the ability to handle an Origin baptism.

“I wasn’t surprised Ben was called into camp,” he said. “It’s what they do these days. Kevin rang me and asked if it was OK and I said go for your life, I’ve got no problems.”

Hunt forged a slick alliance against the Raiders with rejuvenated playmaker Benji Marshall, who says the Maroons hopeful’s axing was the wake-up call he needed.

“It teaches you hunger,” Marshall said.

“I know what it’s like to get dropped back to reserve grade — I’ve played for Redcliffe this year.

“It showed Ben where he wants to be and it gives you perspective.

“To see the way he handled it, that’s what makes a professional.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...i/news-story/1ba94240988dbd9e77ca688d927186ff

Good thing Alfie isn`t a selector eh ?

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

What you mean Oates didn't play? because it looked like no one else was outside of Moga for most of the game....

Need a snappy # for Oates for game 3. No way Holmes should be picked over a proven performer after he took over Myles job of sh*tting in the hall. His ANZAC test was disappointing as well.

Last edited:
What you mean Oates didn't play? because it looked like no one else was outside of Moga for most of the game....

Need a snappy # for Oates for game 3. No way Holmes should be picked over a proven performer after he took over Myles job of sh*tting in the hall. His ANZAC test was disappointing as well.

You on Chems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.