Gaming Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
  • Staff
I thought I would start this back up. Some great games coming out in the next month.

This morning, I'll be waiting outside EB Games for it to open so I can pick up Fallout 4. I think this will be my reaction when the doors start opening.

Last edited by a moderator:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
I'm off to get mine in 15 minutes.

And now Vault-Boy stands proudly atop my work pc. Shame I'm stuck here at work instead of at home playing Fallout.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Is fallout 4 one if those games where i will need to play the previous versions first to know what is going on ... Or should i be right to just start from fallout 4

Allo

NRL Captain
Fallout as a series never really grabbed my interest enough to play any of them. Maybe it's the guns.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I know it's a lot more than that, being a Bethesda game and all (and I LOVED Skyrim), but[/FONT] I'm not a big fan of mostly-shooters in general - Red Dead (I give it a pass cos it's ye olde guns), Uncharted, TLoU etc are about as far as I go. Having said that, I picked up Destiny for $15 at JB and am quite enjoying myself. I think it's the good loot drop system that keeps tempting you to get better gear every mission. Some bloody hard quests if you're playing solo though

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Thinking of picking Fallout 4 up but I'm currently working my way through Uncharted remastered collection which I'm quite enjoying.

Never played the original releases, and while the first installment did feel quite dated in many ways, it was still a fun little jaunt. Most of the way through the second which is an absolute blast. Almost done, so I think I'll churn through the third and then jump into some post apocalyptic action.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Thinking of picking Fallout 4 up but I'm currently working my way through Uncharted remastered collection which I'm quite enjoying.

Never played the original releases, and while the first installment did feel quite dated in many ways, it was still a fun little jaunt. Most of the way through the second which is an absolute blast. Almost done, so I think I'll churn through the third and then jump into some post apocalyptic action.
The biggest thing holding me back right now is the pile of shame in my steam library. So many games to get through.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Is there any differences between the PS4 and XBone versions of Fallout IV and MGSV?

I remember last generation, the PS3 really struggled with Bethesda games to the point where they were damn near unplayable. Is it a similar story? Or have they got everything right this generation?

This answer may or may not influence my consumer activity over the coming months.

gordjw

NRL Player
Sunny Canberra
From what I've read, XB1 has stuttering on Fallout, where PS4 is pretty much okay.
I've had similar problems with MGS on XB1 too. Don't know if it's just me though, because I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem.

Edit: Definitely not a big issue though, it's certainly not unplayable, just mildly annoying occasionally

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I haven't had stuttering on mine. However, I'm told the game looks better on PS4. I really was expecting far more than the game has so far produced. The characters aren't super detailed like I would expect, they still walk like computer characters.

I was expecting GTA V or better, and I couldn't say it's as good as that.

However, the gameplay is really good, I'm really into the game, it took an hour or 2 but once you get through the first few bits of bullshit, it's really good. I can't wait to get home and throw it on again.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm done with Call of Duty.

Took 2 days to acquire it.. And after so many issues trying to get the game to fucking atart, there is just so much lag it's unbelievable.

It's not an issue with my computer.. I tested it to make sure.

A lot of people are having the same problem, as well. So much lag.

I would suggest to anyone looking to buy it to wait a month or two until they release patches.

But yeah, even when they do, I'm not bothering with it.

Call of Duty used to be good. Now it's garbage.

Financeguy

QCup Player
Is there any differences between the PS4 and XBone versions of Fallout IV and MGSV?
You could check out Digital Foundry compares on Eurogamer for the detailed answer but from what i have read the difference is quite minimal. Slight benefit to the PS4 in terms of a smoother experience but i have also read quicker load times if you had the Xbox One Elite with the improved hard drive.

In my opinion, the differences on the 2 games you mentioned should not have much bearing on which system you purchase.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter