Gaming Thread

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
I sunk 182 hrs into Just Cause 2 but 3 just didn't hook me in the same way for some reason
I liked it, but it's a very casual and easy game, probably too laid back. It was a month or so after first trying it that I gave it another go, think I got bored with it, certainly don't think I finished it.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
You can’t crouch in Just Cause 4.

That there alone just kills the game for me because it doesn’t fit in with the way I like to play these games. I’ll keep playing on to see if the game can change my mind but at this point in time, I’m leaning towards returning it.

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
It's the best game in the Tomb Raider franchise and IMO up there as one of the best games released this year. If you look at the reviews online as well, you will see a lot of positive reviews about the game.

For $39, you should definitely get a copy of it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hitman is also a strong choice so you can't go wrong either way. But personally, I would recommend buying Tomb Raider.
Cheers mate, managed to find Hitman at $29.99 on ozgameshop so looks like I'll pick both up!

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
A **** you to EB Games for not updating their website.

Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 4 are still advertised as $15 each on the website. So I went to the store to buy both of them and I ask the girl at the counter if they still have a pre-owned copy of Watch Dogs 2 for Xbox One and she brings it out and it's $45. I ask her what the go is and she said they are no longer being sold for the prices advertised on the website, they are starting another sale where you buy one and get one free but that's only for pre-owned and only if they have the sticker on the cover and the cheapest game is the only one that's free.

They are trying to get rid of the stock and I told her jacking the price up isn't going to achieve that as I still could get both of them for cheaper elsewhere.

So I told her I don't want them and will just go get them where they are cheaper (this store won't price match because the places you can get them cheaper from aren't in the same town) and it was only then she decided to give them both to me for the price advertised online. So I got Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 4 for $30.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Cheers mate, managed to find Hitman at $29.99 on ozgameshop so looks like I'll pick both up!
Apparently today was the last day you could get the new Tomb Raider for $39. Apparently from tomorrow onwards it's going back up to $49.

It's still well worth it at $49, though.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane

Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 4 are still advertised as $15 each on the website. So I went to the store to buy both of them and I ask the girl at the counter if they still have a pre-owned copy of Watch Dogs 2 for Xbox One and she brings it out and it's $45. I ask her what the go is and she said they are no longer being sold for the prices advertised on the website, they are starting another sale where you buy one and get one free but that's only for pre-owned and only if they have the sticker on the cover and the cheapest game is the only one that's free.

They are trying to get rid of the stock and I told her jacking the price up isn't going to achieve that as I still could get both of them for cheaper elsewhere.

So I told her I don't want them and will just go get them where they are cheaper (this store won't price match because the places you can get them cheaper from aren't in the same town) and it was only then she decided to give them both to me for the price advertised online. So I got Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 4 for $30.
Can you purchase that via the website? If so, they should be price matching.

Foordy

International Rep

I'm pretty sure they legally had to sell it to you for the advertised price ... otherwise they would leave themselves open to a civil action for false advertising.

p.s. that is the only store that i have heard off that has those strict price matching rules ... because of that, i would never buy from them ... especially given EB prices tend to be higher (unless they're having a sale).

I more often than not price match from EB

yeah he should be able to, he would just have to pay a delivery charge as well. last time i did it, it was about $3 or $4

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
They should be but by the sounds of the fine print, it's at their discretion whether they will price match or not. Most do, but you do get those cunts.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
p.s. that is the only store that i have heard off that has those strict price matching rules ... because of that, i would never buy from them ... especially given EB prices tend to be higher (unless they're having a sale).

I more often than not price match from EB
A few stores in the Moreton Bay region have strict price matching rules. Morayfield was another store I've been to that wouldn't price match unless the store that has the cheaper price was within the same shopping centre.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Chain stores do not have to price match their online stores I believe. We never did it when I worked in retail.

They could have just been clearing out their wearhouse stock - hence online only sale.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today for $79.

I was shocked to find out that my local EB Games store would price match even with the cheaper copy being in another town (although that store was only 10 minutes away) and that store didn't even have any in stock (they didn't check that).

I was just going back there to return Just Cause 4 because I just didn't like it, not for the price I paid. Walked out with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Foordy

International Rep

I was shocked to find out that my local EB Games store would price match even with the cheaper copy being in another town, although that other store was only about 10 minutes away.

I was just going back there to return Just Cause 4 because I just didn't like it, not for the price I paid. Walked out with Red Dead Redemption 2.
I loved RDR2

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane

I was shocked to find out that my local EB Games store would price match even with the cheaper copy being in another town (although that store was only 10 minutes away) and that store didn't even have any in stock (they didn't check that).

Incredible game, a bit slow starting but it's an A+ game and story.

We should get RDR3 in 10 years or so.

Last edited:

Turky Murky

BRL Player
I’ve been playing abit of bo4 lately but I’m really struggling to enjoy it. I’m no good at that BR mode and the multiplayer doesn’t do it for me. The zombies are ok but I really miss the campaign mode and that story mode that’s mixed with tutorials is really unsatisfying

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Red Dead Redemption 2. Excellent game so far.

I've heard you can sell horses you've stolen or tamed. However, I can't seem to access the stables to do so. Is it something you can only start doing further into the game or can you only do it in the online version?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter