Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Super Freak, Nov 10, 2015.

Xbox has a browser.... and 4k

broncos4life and Harry Sack like this.
  1. Honestly, I think I smell BS from your Bro. How the hell do you miss the wife that much that all that can distract you is to game? He's playing you Freaky. Clearly the wife doesn't like him gaming so he's trying to get his fill, which I can appreciate, but not at the expense of you. Threaten him that you'll tell her if he doesn't give you a few hours at least to enjoy your own property. Or get the Uncle on the case to see if he can find another one at the local Good Guys.

Morkel and broncospwn like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    14 day pass for Xbox Game Pass if anyone wants it.

I'm already signed up so it's no use to me.

Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Quite a good game. I still maintain it’s the best of the rebooted trilogy and one of the best games of 2018.

This was the final game of the trilogy, but there will be more Tomb Raider games in the future. I hope it’s very soon but they have no plans for another yet so I imagine we won’t see one for a few years at least.

3. Not sure if I should finish off RDR2 which I still have a long long way to go or finish off Assassins Creed Origins and start on Odyssey.

4. Foordy

Foordy

Tough choice ... They're all awesome games.

I just finished the main story line of Odyssey ... Took me 88 hours. Still got a secondary story line to finish

5. Real lack of decent looking games around at the moment. Gift cards are burning holes in my pocket and there isn't anything I want to buy.

6. That golden era of games is coming to an end. There are fewer quality games being made these days.

Back when the 360 first came out, it was glorious.

7. You've got a XBone and PC, yeah?

Next month you've got Anthem, Crackdown 3, Metro Exodus & Far Cry: New Dawn coming out. In a few days there's Ace Combat 7, the first official sequel in twelve years and Resident Evil 2 Remake releases at the end of the month.

I'm personally looking forward to Sekiro and DMCV in March. Sekiro is the latest Miyazaki game (Souls series) and is meant to be more of an action game than an RPG. Meanwhile DMC looks amazing and if it's anything like it's predecessors will be a fun hack n slash.

8. Far Cry: New Dawn looks pretty much like an old fashion(or large DLC these days) expansion pack for Far Cry 5.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. Alec

Alec International Rep

4 onwards have all been kind of expansion packs for number 3, lol.

I think Anthem looks pretty shitty too, I just can't see Bioware making any good games anymore.

The rest Pete mentioned look great though. I hope Crackdown 3 is good too, it had a bit of a messy development cycle.

10. A demo of Resident Evil 2 remake is out apparently too, limited to 30 minutes.

11. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Its fantastic imo. They have done the remake superbly.

12. Outside of being an EA/Bioware collaberation, the biggest slight on Anthem is that it's a Destiny/Warframe clone, whatever that means. One thing I do know, when Anthem first releases, it'll be all the talk for at least a week. It's worth keeping an eye on and I'm hoping that this is more like Titanfall 2 than Battlefront 2.

The Far Cry series loves having spin-off titles. I haven't paid attention to the series since the first one released alongside Half Life 2 and changed the FPS genre, but it seems like the series still has it's fans.

I've learned my lesson with the RE series. As good as the series is, they're all fairly short games and tend to wind up in pre-owned bins pretty quickly. Capcom would have to put a God Hand HD remake next to it for me to consider it on release.

In saying that, I'm sure it's going to be better than my next purchase KH3. I've been reading the leaks and the game sounds incredibly underwhelming so far - hopefully the actual presentation and gameplay holds up. 17 odd years of emotional investment, surely Square can't drop the ball this time right?

Thinking on that golden era of gaming comment from Freaky, I don't think I could have disagreed more with it at the time. Sure, the 360 was a marked improvement over the Halo machine, but Sony and Nintendo stunk it up and it appeared as if gaming had plateud. With hindsight, that generation of console enjoyed a couple of really good years there (2007, 2011) which carried it, but the decline in Japanese developed games soured it. For years, I would have put 2001 front row and centre as my favourite gaming year. That was the year the PS2 came of age, Microsoft introduced us to Halo and Nintendo finally abandoned cartridges (for stupid mini-DVDs, but it was a start).

The last 'golden era' wasn't that long ago. 2017 was an amazing year and there's still a ton of games that I want to catch up on (Prey, South Park, Nex Machina, ARMS etc.)

13. Alec

Alec International Rep

Have you played RE4? The main story closes in on 18-20 hours, and then there like 2 other smaller stories too.

14. Only four times on four different platforms. One of the reasons why RE7 wasn't so insulting was because it came with RE4 which after all these years still holds up magnificently. It's longer than most games in the series, but the typical RE game is around 10 hours.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. Give me 10 great hours of gameplay over 100 hours of tedious grinding any day, but if I can save some money I'll gladly wait until EB Games decides to clear their pre-owned stock.

15. Foordy

Foordy

completed the final storyline (secondary) in AC Odyssey ... took me 94 hours total to complete the game ... absolutely loved this game!

I could have done it a bit quicker as I literally spent 3-4 hours in 2 attempts to beat one of the bosses

16. Was it a Minotaur?

If so, how did you beat him?

My brother has been struggling to beat the game because of some Minotaur dude. But can’t remember if that was Origins or Odyssey.

17. Foordy

Foordy

Minotaur wasn't really that hard.

just gotta watch out for his axe strike ... from memory i stayed away from him using ranged shots and hero strike abilities (and of course second wind to heal me)

i've put the 2 hardest bosses under spoiler tags in case people don't want to read it

the medusa ... needed to use ranged strike (and they didn't do much damage) and avoid her stone gaze + air strikes. she also sent out enemies when her health got low enough that you needed to deal with ... took me like 45 mins without dying to beat her.

but the worst of all was the Erymanthian Boar ... whenever he missed a charge, he farted toxic gas that never dissipates, so it effectively cuts down your fighting area. you need to beat him quick or you have nowhere to fight ... took me 3 - 4 hours in 2 different attempts. i thought i would go away and level up to come back and kill him quick, but the **** just leveled up with me (you can only ever get 2 levels higher than him)

18. Allo

Allo NRL Player

Someone doesn’t know their mythology