Gaming Thread

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
Busy opening to 2019. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 remake in January, Anthem in February, Sekiro not far away either.

Allo

NRL Captain
I’ve been a bit nostalgic for some music rhythm games (GH + RB), is the one Rock Band game on PS4 worth it?

I have the full set (Band Hero) on PS3 but it’s still at Mum and Dad’s. Until I get them, would the PS4 rock band suffice?

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
tossing up getting Far Cry New Dawn ... got a $50 voucher to spend at EB

and have finished RDR2 and AC Odyssey, so looking for a new game to get stuck into

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
tossing up getting Far Cry New Dawn ... got a $50 voucher to spend at EB

and have finished RDR2 and AC Odyssey, so looking for a new game to get stuck into
Not even sure it's available on console.....but if it is and you haven't played it, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is a great game and will suck 80hrs of your life before you even get to the DLC. Would be cheap these days too I imagine.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Not even sure it's available on console.....but if it is and you haven't played it, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is a great game and will suck 80hrs of your life before you even get to the DLC. Would be cheap these days too I imagine.
just checked eb games ... game of the year version is $58 (xbox) or $70 new.

is the a game where i need to play 1 and 2 to know what the hell is going on or can i play 3 first and be able to pick it straight up?

might check it out

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

is the a game where i need to play 1 and 2 to know what the hell is going on or can i play 3 first and be able to pick it straight up?

might check it out
Tough question actually, given I've played from the begining. I think number 3 can stand alone as the main focus of the storyline, Ciri, is a new edition to Geralt's story. There's a couple of references to the other games during the dialogue "Remember when we...." but nothing too big from memory. There's a bunch of recurring characters but once again, knowing the back story isn't essential. In fact it will probably make some decisions easier because you don't feel any sort of attachment to them.

FGfrom50

NYC Player

might check it out
I picked up 3 having never played 1 or 2. I'm not super far in yet (maybe 10-15 hours). So far, there have been some dialogue options harking back to events in the previous games, but nothing game breaking. If you're into the lore of that sort of thing, you could probably find a synopsis online explaining the major options/outcomes of the previous games.

I just jumped in, and it hasn't bothered me at all. I thoroughly recommend it as well. I suspect it will find its way onto my list of all time favourite video games by the time I'm through.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I feel like Catch doesn't get the love it deserves.
I think a lot of people just prefer to not wait for their games.

I know I'm one of those people. I would pay extra going to EB Games if it means I could have the game that same day. I'm not a very patient person.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I think a lot of people just prefer to not wait for their games.

I know I'm one of those people. I would pay extra going to EB Games if it means I could have the game that same day. I'm not a very patient person.
Yeah and I also don't mind paying a bit extra to support a local business that is convenient.
I don't want EB games to go bankrupt like similar chain stores have in other countries.

I love the convenience of having a store 2 minutes away with plenty of stock and generally reasonable prices. Their trade in offers are pretty good and at least my local store has awesome customer service. When I bought my Xbox One X, I called 2 minutes after close he went through all my trade in offers and told me he'd wait 5 minutes for me to drive there. Got there, he unrolled the gate, let me through and I got my Xbox that same day on a Sunday.

I bought that Assassins creed game you posted here for $39, traded it in 2 weeks ago and got $32.50 back. If that's not a great deal nothing is.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Yeah and I also don't mind paying a bit extra to support a local business that is convenient.
I don't want EB games to go bankrupt like similar chain stores have in other countries.

I love the convenience of having a store 2 minutes away with plenty of stock and generally reasonable prices. Their trade in offers are pretty good and at least my local store has awesome customer service. When I bought my Xbox One X, I called 2 minutes after close he went through all my trade in offers and told me he'd wait 5 minutes for me to drive there. Got there, he unrolled the gate, let me through and I got my Xbox that same day on a Sunday.

I bought that Assassins creed game you posted here for $39, traded it in 2 weeks ago and got $32.50 back. If that's not a great deal nothing is.
$32.50 back for Odyssey? That’s pretty good.

I also like their birthday offers. I get 50% trade credit which I can add onto the trade credit I already get for being an EB World member. I believe level 4 gets you 20%.

It comes in handy. Because my birthday is on New Year’s Day, they are usually having sales on at that time so I can usually get a game with just that.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
I buy all my games from EB. Never once have I paid their price though. Couple the price matching with good timing on trade-in offers and often you can get nearly a 1-to-1 swap.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane

Yeah I am the same. I love being able to go and get on the same day and I don't want to lose that feeling of being in a games store. EB are really the last big one and if they go a big part of my gaming experience will go with them. There customer service is second to none and I love that they employ actual gamers. I am usually pretty impulsive when I decide to get a new game and will usually as for recommendations in this thread while in store. On the rare occasion that someone doesn't respond within a minute I like that I can talk to the staff there and get actual feedback on the quality of a game etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter