Gaming Thread

Renegade

NRL Captain
Maaan. GTA and RDR are couch games. They are perfect on console.
Finally got around to playing it. Think i'm in chapter 2. **** me the controls are a pain in the arse. Everyone in Valentine hates me already.

Fun game though. Think I've killed more people/animals simply running over them on my horse than I have with a weapon.

Also think I had some sort of glitch when I was out bear hunting and and had to shoot the rabbits/cook them up - I had the meat but there was no recipe in my inventory to cook? And I couldn't exit the screen. Had to turn it off and do the mission again and it was there the next time I tried it, didn't do anything different though. weird.

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Finally got around to playing it. Think i'm in chapter 2. **** me the controls are a pain in the arse. Everyone in Valentine hates me already.

Fun game though. Think I've killed more people/animals simply running over them on my horse than I have with a weapon.

Also think I had some sort of glitch when I was out bear hunting and and had to shoot the rabbits/cook them up - I had the meat but there was no recipe in my inventory to cook? And I couldn't exit the screen. Had to turn it off and do the mission again and it was there the next time I tried it, didn't do anything different though. weird.
Yeah, the controls are a big issue with it. You do get used to it eventually, but it's like getting used to crawling in shit, like Andy Dufresne. It's got the biggest input delay I've seen in a video game.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah, the controls are a big issue with it. You do get used to it eventually, but it's like getting used to crawling in shit, like Andy Dufresne. It's got the biggest input delay I've seen in a video game.
I found it's not input delay, it's just odd camera views that took me far too long to get used to. Once you get into decent firefights you find you get better pretty quick.

Check your input sensitivity settings too.

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane

Don't skip the cut scenes. Such a masterpiece of a game.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Don't skip the cut scenes. Such a masterpiece of a game.
I generally don't anyway.

Finally making more sense of the game. Didn't realize you could bring up a full map, I was trying to remember places based on general whereabouts of the compass. Was thinking this is fucking impossible.

Getting more hooked...

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
I generally don't anyway.

Finally making more sense of the game. Didn't realize you could bring up a full map, I was trying to remember places based on general whereabouts of the compass. Was thinking this is fucking impossible.

Getting more hooked...
If you haven't patched the game, take advantage of this glitch.

Go to that location on the map during the day, preferably when the sun has just risen because it won't work at night. Go to where he is on the map, and there should be two horses. It usually starts off with shit horses but up the road you will see a red barn, ride there, turn around and come back. New horses should have spawned, if they haven't, keep doing it. You don't need to save the game and exit like he does in the video.

That's how you can get horses like the Missouri Fox Trotter, Rose Grey Arabian, even the White Arabian but the first two are the ones you want. It took me about 30 minutes to get the Silver Dappo Missouri Fox Trotter.

Having a Fox Trotter or a Rose Grey Arabian definitely comes in handy. Once you have fully bonded, their health and stamina are unreal. The Rose Grey's stamina maxes out. The Missouri reaches 9. They are also the fastest horses in the game and you can increase their speed by buying better equipment for the horse at the stables or doing horse races..

However, if you have patched the game, the glitch won't work but there is a simple trick to ensure your horse never runs out of stamina. Simply press down the right analog stick, or it could be the left and Arthur will say something to the horse. If you have fully bonded with your horse, it will regenerate 25% of it's stamina. Once you master that, your horse will never run out of stamina again and you can ride at max speed for as long as you want.

That trick does not work if you haven't patched the game, though.

Renegade

NRL Captain
If you haven't patched the game, take advantage of this glitch.

Go to that location on the map during the day, preferably when the sun has just risen because it won't work at night. Go to where he is on the map, and there should be two horses. It usually starts off with shit horses but up the road you will see a red barn, ride there, turn around and come back. New horses should have spawned, if they haven't, keep doing it. You don't need to save the game and exit like he does in the video.

That's how you can get horses like the Missouri Fox Trotter, Rose Grey Arabian, even the White Arabian but the first two are the ones you want. It took me about 30 minutes to get the Silver Dappo Missouri Fox Trotter.

Having a Fox Trotter or a Rose Grey Arabian definitely comes in handy. Once you have fully bonded, their health and stamina are unreal. The Rose Grey's stamina maxes out. The Missouri reaches 9. They are also the fastest horses in the game and you can increase their speed by buying better equipment for the horse at the stables or doing horse races..

However, if you have patched the game, the glitch won't work but there is a simple trick to ensure your horse never runs out of stamina. Simply press down the right analog stick, or it could be the left and Arthur will say something to the horse. If you have fully bonded with your horse, it will regenerate 25% of it's stamina. Once you master that, your horse will never run out of stamina again and you can ride at max speed for as long as you want.

That trick does not work if you haven't patched the game, though.
hell yeah, thanks for that! I'm just gonna sell the cunts once I got one of the better ones.

Allo

NRL Captain
I played the first couple of missions and it honestly didn’t grab me, not in the way RDR1 did. I loved the arcade-y style of 1 whereas 2 is too much RPG I feel. As many have said, controls are a bit fucked too which didn’t help

Renegade

NRL Captain
I played the first couple of missions and it honestly didn’t grab me, not in the way RDR1 did. I loved the arcade-y style of 1 whereas 2 is too much RPG I feel. As many have said, controls are a bit fucked too which didn’t help
i've just been shooting a lot of animals really and being a general ****.

Ran into that famous explorer dude last night. Bought the map for 10 bucks then killed him and looted 30. Great success!

Last edited:

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Nintendo didn't announce a new model at E3. Unless you want to try your luck with Christmas deals you wouldn't be missing out buying one now. Especially with all the end of financial year sales.

Do you prefer Physical or Digital? If it's the latter, you'll definitely want to pick up an SD Card with the system. 32GB storage is a joke these days, so you'll either want a 256GB or a 128 SD Card. You can get the former for $60 and that will hold all those games you want. For $110 you can future proof yourself. I'm sure there's cheaper prices out there as well, but I'm just looking at this like you've wandered into JB Hi Fi and want to treat yourself.

Usually Digital Titles hold their prices more than Physical, but every quater there's usually a 25% off sale. Currently Mario Kart 8 is $54. Personally I think it should be more like $30 given it's a 5 year old game, but hey, those are just some of the prices you've got to be expected to pay.

Online Subscription is also $30 for 12 months. It comes with a Virtual Console service that has about 30 NES games and will hopefully go onto include some Super Nintendo and N64 titles. You'll want to consider this for Pokemon especially.

The E3 presentation was really good. If you get a chance you should check it out. Plenty of Smash news and they announced a new Zelda in development. From the sounds of it, it looks like a 2021 release at the earliest, but I'm hoping for holidays 2020. Fingers crossed they pull a Majora's Mask and cut-down time by re-using a bunch of assets from the first game.
Thanks mate.

I ended up buying it that weekend because I can never wait. I was pleased they didn’t announce a new one so I wouldn’t feel like I missed out.

I am more of a physical cartridge guy cos I love going to EB and getting the ones I want, but might look into the digital games.

Currently I’m deep into Let’s go Pikachu and Diablo 3 eternal and absolutely love it. Still got Mario Bros and Mario Cart 8 sitting there waiting.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Thanks mate.

I ended up buying it that weekend because I can never wait. I was pleased they didn’t announce a new one so I wouldn’t feel like I missed out.

I am more of a physical cartridge guy cos I love going to EB and getting the ones I want, but might look into the digital games.

Currently I’m deep into Let’s go Pikachu and Diablo 3 eternal and absolutely love it. Still got Mario Bros and Mario Cart 8 sitting there waiting.
Owning Mario Cart and not playing it is a gaming sin.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Thanks mate.

Awesome, how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? I've seen a lot of Switch deals pop up on ozbargain and was tempted to flood your PMs but thought better of it.

You should consider Hollow Knight on the Switch store. It's currently on sale for $9 and plays like a classic Metroid. It's one of the best games on the system, and it's made by an Aussie development studio.

Alec

International Rep
Awesome, how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? I've seen a lot of Switch deals pop up on ozbargain and was tempted to flood your PMs but thought better of it.

You should consider Hollow Knight on the Switch store. It's currently on sale for $9 and plays like a classic Metroid. It's one of the best games on the system, and it's made by an Aussie development studio.
Have you seen some of the stuff from Silksong? Hornet looks even more fun to control than the Hollow Knight.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
This will be my new baby in about, 2 weeks time:

i7 9700k @ 3.6Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM 3000
RTX2080 ASUS STRIX
ASUS Gaming motherboard
500GB M.2 SSD
2TB HDD

My body is ready for 2020.

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
If you haven't bought yet it's a really bad time to buy Intel. Even if you want Intel they are talking about a 10-15% price cut across the board in the next few weeks to match AMD.

July 7 new far better stuff is out.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
This will be my new baby in about, 2 weeks time:

i7 9700k @ 3.6Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM 3000
RTX2080 ASUS STRIX
ASUS Gaming motherboard
500GB M.2 SSD
2TB HDD

My body is ready for 2020.
Love it all but as the 2 above have said, hold off on the processor if nothing else. Hell, keep the processor if you want...just hold off on the purchase time frame if possible. The cost of that processor will fall soon.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Just to be clear. That's not a "they should drop" that's a "They are absolutely dropping between 10 - 20%".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.