Gaming Thread

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Most enjoyable game mode was the 8 man ladder match or battle royal in HCTP with 5 finishers for each superstar starting the match. Used to play 4 players with my mates and we would change the finishers on superstars to try and **** with each other. Hulk Hogan had the closeline from hell, Undertaker had Snitzskys big boot etc. I remember I had just eliminated my mate and had Hogan left on all damage and he hit me with the closeline from hell and pinned me. I smashed a controller cause I didn't know that was his finisher at the time. (first time they had done it) That game and the v8 supercars game caused a graveyard of ps2 controllers

Last edited:

Renegade

NRL Captain
I have no idea how we tolerated KYR. Just about every menu in the game required a load screen, even skipping to your match took about 10 load screens to get through. Still, compared to all the other US PS1 Wrestling games it was head and shoulders the best.

I was always partial to the AKI N64 games personally.
we didn't know any better.

i tried to replay it last year on an emulator and the waiting screens put me off.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Normally wait until a couple of months when the price drops to under 50 to buy it
I'm the same ... However I thought they were on the right track with 2k19, so pre-ordered 2k20 ...

I was looking forward to the career mode and originals this year ...

But after seeing the early game play and an interview with the developers, I've decided to cancel my pre-order and go back to my usual MO for WWE 2k games.

It seems that after the split with yukes, it is a transitional year (with this franchise can't afford) while the visual concepts guys get themselves set up (apparently they had to develop some stuff from scratch).

On a positive note, the new developers (visual concepts) are the same guys that handle the NBA 2k games ... And from what I've heard, they're decent games, so maybe there's hope for the WWE 2k franchise.

Note sure what I'll spend that deposit on yet, maybe borderlands 3 or the new Jedi game (used to play the Jedi Knight games ok on the PC) ... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any AC or Far cry games on the horizon ...

Hmmmm, decisions ....

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
My biggest gripe with the wwe games is there are too many. If they skipped a year between titles and put some proper effort into the game play it would be a lot better of a franchise. Its the same with a lot of the franchises like COD, Fifa, NBA, NHL etc. You don't need a yearly game if the game play in the game is good to begin with. ****, I still play Rainbow Six Seige now 4 years after it was first released cause its a great game with consistent updates.

Renegade

NRL Captain
My biggest gripe with the wwe games is there are too many. If they skipped a year between titles and put some proper effort into the game play it would be a lot better of a franchise. Its the same with a lot of the franchises like COD, Fifa, NBA, NHL etc. You don't need a yearly game if the game play in the game is good to begin with. ****, I still play Rainbow Six Seige now 4 years after it was first released cause its a great game with consistent updates.
I can understand FIFA/NHL/NBA/NFL etc as player ratings change and that changes the dynamic of the game.

Wrestling not so much.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
I can understand FIFA/NHL/NBA/NFL etc as player ratings change and that changes the dynamic of the game.

Wrestling not so much.
They could always just do a squad update on those games. I feel if the developers had a couple of years between games they could do a lot more in terms of improving the game play but the money talks with these titles

Renegade

NRL Captain
They could always just do a squad update on those games. I feel if the developers had a couple of years between games they could do a lot more in terms of improving the game play but the money talks with these titles
do you want every 3 month microtransactions for the latest ratings? cause that's what you're gonna get down this path.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I been wasting money again.

Pre-prdered RDR2 for PC because it looks amazing.

Ordered some Logitech rudder pedals. Wifey is picking up a Honeycomb Alpha Yoke for me next month. Dat flight sim life costs shitloads.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
ended up picking up borderlands 3 and absolutely fucking love this game ... i had both 1 and 2 on my old xbox 360 also.

also pre-ordered Jedi Fallen Order as well.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Was going to buy red dead redemption 2 on the pc now that it's out but held off when I heard it's a buggy mess, going to hold off till it's addressed.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Was going to buy red dead redemption 2 on the pc now that it's out but held off when I heard it's a buggy mess, going to hold off till it's addressed.
It's not so bad. But if you don't have a very good CPU and a good GPU. Don't bother.

9900K minimum in Intel, 3700X minimum in AMD land.

Allo

NRL Captain
I don’t have a switch, and wasn’t going to buy one just for Pokémon finally moving to console, but **** me GameFreak have made royally screwed up Sword and Shield. This is a killer for such a crucial franchise

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
RDR2 is a steaming pile of shit on PC.
Probably the only appeal for buying it on PC is the modding and being able to travel to New Austin without needing to disconnect the game from the internet.

Apart from that, RDR2 is very much the type of game you play on the couch.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
They've cut more than half the pokemon, removed gameplay mechanics, graphics are a downgrade on last year's remakes, removed compatibility with the previous games, among other things. The pokenerds are not happy.
That sucks but I'll still be getting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter